Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
"Race" Calendar 2016

26/06 - Gladiator
"Race" Calendar 2015

28/06 - Wimbleball 70.3
26/07 - Outlaw
31/08 - Thames Turbo
13/09 - Weymouth
Race Calendar 2014

15/03 - Abu Dhabi LD
06/04 - IM South Africa
27/04 - Joey Hannan
10/05 - Mallorca 70.3
28/06 - HOTW Kilkee
20/07 - Hillingdon
27/07 - Bedford
03/08 - London Oly +
17/08 - Monster Middle
01/09 - ITU Edmonton
07/09 - Mont Trem 70.3
05/10 - IM Barcelona
Race Calendar 2013

02/03 - Abu Dhabi LD
19/05 - Barcelona Half
26/05 - Lough Cutra
15/06 - South Cerney
07/07 - IM Frankfurt
28/07 - London Triathlon
11/08 - Wiesbaden 70.3
08/09 - Valencia
11/09 - ITU Aquathlon
15/09 - ITU WC London
12/10 - Kona
Calendar 11 - 2017

<  Nov, 2017   >
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Last Forum Post

[ Find all posts by savaloy ]
[ Last Post ]
Last Blog Posts

Some thoughts post Wimbleball & Outlaw
Bastion Triathlon 2015 - Free Entry - Competition Details
A new chapter
Barcelona
Ironman 70.3 Championnat Du Monde - Mont Tremblant 07/09/14
ITU World Age Group Championships Edmonton 01/09/14
Monster Middle 17/08/2014

Total topics: 269
Total posts: 2550

First contact with Bill
Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:28 pm savaloy
Got an email from Bill (Black) this week welcoming and congratulating me, Jennie, Nick and Tamsin on our selection. In advance of the introductory training day we've had to provide the following details to Bill as part of an individual profile assessment:-

Age, weight, height, resting and maximum heart rate, our assessment of our level of performance (beginner. intermediate or advanced), aims and objectives for 2008, our evaluation of 2007 season (listing our perceived strengths and weaknesses), last season's PB's, results includng dates, distances and times, the minimum and maximum number of hours available for training each week (including days and times to achieve these training hours), details of our existing training programme, confirmation of which is the best day to take as a rest day, details of club memberships, details of facilities available for swimming, biking, running and weights, equipment available to train (eg. turbo, HRM etc.) and any additional information (illnesses, conditions etc.) which needs to be considered for our programme.

We also got an indication of what the first group training session on Sunday (at Dulwich College) will entail - as well as 'classroom' stuff, we'll be doing a swim, turbo and run session. We've been asked to bring a pull bouy, fins, hand paddles, HRM, bike & turbo as well as separate swim/bike/run training kit. In addition to the four of us, Midgie (our sports pyschologist), a couple of people from the London Triathlon and Herbalife and four journalists will also be there.

Can't wait to get my events calendar firmed up and get cracking with the programme Razz

Poet - thanks - you're right on the gelding, but us catholics are great on this guilt thing Wink

Daz - yes Tamsin Lewis - the idea is to target olympic distance over the next few years and then, well, who knows?

Mountaingirl - hope the shop was still open when you got there - thanks for the welcome!Very Happy

~   Last edited by savaloy on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Introduction Part Three - How I came to be selected
Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:39 pm savaloy
After deciding that I wanted to continue in Triathlon, the first thing I did was to think about what I wanted to achieve. Without going into specifics, the bottom line was that I wanted to go faster and see what I could achieve as an age grouper in the olympic distance. As I was still very much a novice, the plan was to use 2008 as a learning year so that I could really hit 2009 hard as that was the year I would move up into the 40-44 year age group.

When I analysed my 2007 performance, I concluded that my biking wasn't as bad as I thought and that my weakest/least enjoyable discipline was my running. I therefore decided to target my running and follow a 12 week 10k training programme starting in September 2007 whilst at the same time collecting as much information that I could about triathlon so that I could put a programme together for the 2008 season.

Having found a 10k to enter on 25th November 2007 (in Eynsham), I set myself a target of 37:30 mins, which was 6 minute mile pace. I also found a 1500m swim race to aim for the same wweekend. My programme involved running about 6 times a week. In addition I swam three mornings a week and did a 25 mile ride once a week. I managed to achieve my target (36:52 mins) and by the end of it, with the help of TriTalk and Joe Friel's triathlete's training bible, I had set myself a programme for 2008. During this period I also coincidently bumped into a neighbour, Stuart McGowan, who I learned was a triathlete (he also won the World Long Distance Duathlon Championships in the 55-59 AG in Richmond, USA last year) and pledged to join him on some rides/long runs when my triathlon programme started.

My training plan for 2008 was to do unstructured work in all three disciplines during December, before embarking on a programme consisting of 4 weeks prep, 12 weeks base, 8 weeks build, 2 weeks peak and 1 week race before my first A race on 5th July 2008 and then, after a transitional week, 8 weeks of build, 1 week peak, 1 week race with two further A races on 14th and 21st September 2008.

In selecting my races, my aim was to target races where the temperatures wouldn't be as testing as London had been and also to 'learn' how to race the distance/courses so that when I moved up into the 40-44 AG I would be better prepared. So, my race plan for 2008 (before being selected for the Academy) looked liked this:-

4th May 2008 - New Forest (B Race) 1.1k swim/36k bike/10k run (reason:- likely to be cold)
18th May 2008 - Eton supasprint (C Race) 400m swim/20k bike/5k run (reason:- experience the Dornay Lake course)
25th May 2008 - Hillingdon Tri Series Round 1 (C race) 600m swim/6k run/25k bike (reason:-measure progress against 2007)
15th June 2008 - Windsor (B race) 1.5k swim/45k bike/10k run (reason:-heard good things about the course, good prep race for A race)
29th June 2008 - Hillingdon Tri Series Round 2 (C race) 600m swim/6k run/25k bike (reason:-measure progress)
5th July 2008 - Galway (A Race) Olympic (reason - learn course/cooler climate)
13th July 2008 - Hillingdon Tri Series Round 3 (C race) 600m swim/6k run/25k bike (reason:-measure progress)
2nd August 2008 - Mourne (near Belfast) (B Race) Olympic (reason:-learn course/cooler climate)
9th August 2008 - London (C Race) 1.5k swim leg as part of work relay team (reason:- avoid overheating issues)
30th August 2008 - Dublin (B Race) Olympic (reason:-learn course/cooler climate)
14th September 2008 - Bala (A Race) Olympic (reason:-heard good things about the race/cooler climate)
21st September 2008 - Dornay (A Race) Olympic (reason:-fast course)

Since setting my race plan, I discovered that the Dornay race on 21st September is actually the week before, so I had dropped it from my programme.

In December I started going out on the bike with Stuart (who is actually training for ITU middle/long distance tri and duathlon). I also committed to running cross country with Woodford Green & Essex Ladies from January 2008. In addition I sought some advice on what had happened to me at London. Having shared my experience, and reported on my fuelling/fluid intake, the conclusion was that I had taken on insufficent fluid/electrolyte during the bike leg such that my body ran out of fluid/stopped producing sweat, the result of which being I overheated.

Everthing was (and is) going well training wise and then in December I received an email from the the Herbalife Triathlon Academy inviting me to apply. The basis for my selection was my result at London and the fact that I had indicated that 2007 was my first year in Triathlon. Although my ego was massaged, I was unsure of what the Academy involved. At first glance it seemed too good to be true - coaching from Bill Black, kit and equipment to train and race in and free race entry. I did some research, including asking the TriTalk massive, before deciding to apply. I was told that the applications would be reviewed by a committee and a short list would be drawn up for an online vote. In the application form, amongst other stuff, I had to set out my results in 2007, goals for 2008 (and beyond) and the hours i could commit to training.

The next thing I heard was in January, when I received an email from the Academy saying that I'd made the shortlist. I was asked to confirm whether I still wanted to apply, my availability for a series of training days/weekend and the three races which Herbalife sponsor - Blenheim (8th June), London (10th August) and the London Duathlon (14th September). I was also asked to provide a passport sized photo and preapre a short 50 word biography. After a couple of weeks, I was advised that voting was ready to go online and told to start canvass votes - which is what I did. The response from friends, family, colleagues, TriTalkers, Broomfield Park and Camden Swiss Cottage Swimming Clubs and Woodford Green & Essex Ladies AC was great - when I was told that I was being offered a place I was told that I had a "huge" number of votes (over 600). I've tried to thank everyone who either voted or canvassed support, but if I missed you - sorry!

The introductory/meet and greet training day is scheduled for Sunday 24th February 2008. Once I've attended it, I'll do a report of what the day entailed and what lies in store Razz

Introduction Part Two - Training for & doing London 2007
Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:12 pm savaloy
My aim for London was to break 2hr 30 mins and then, having ticked that particular box in my 'things to do in my lifetime', I was going to keep exercising, but with no particular desire to compete. I used the Beginner's Guide to Triathlon published by http://www.Kineli.co.nz as a guide for setting up a programme, although January was spent just running and cycling in order to get my weight down before getting back in the pool with Camden Swiss Cottage.

I hadn't thought about doing any 'prep' events, but Russ O'Malley suggested that one or two of the Hillingdon tri series would be good as a first time event. So I duly entered the 2nd and 3rd rounds. A typical weeks training for me was 3 early morning sessions in the pool, a 25 mile ride on a Saturday, a 7 mile run on a Sunday and a 3 mile or fartlek run and another 25 mile bike ride in the week. I also did about three 50 mile rides, 6 open water sessions at Heron Lake and about half a dozen bike/run bricks. Also, in about June, a friend of mine suggested that I go to a run interval session at the track organised by Woodford Green & Essex Ladies, so I managed about 6 sessions with them. I also attended a novices training day at Dulwich College organised by the London Triathlon guys, which I found really useful - I came away quite confident that I wouldn't be out of my depth. I also paid for an open water session at the docks organised by London Triathlon, but a virus meant i had to cry off.

So my first 'triathlon' was round 2 of the Hillingdon Tri series on 10th June, which has the unusual format of 600m swim, 6k run, 25k bike. When I turned up, I was amazed at the amount of bike bling there was - I was embarrased by the dirty state of my cannondale Embarassed The swim went pretty well and I cruised behind some young lad (mainly because I was worried about going off course) and i came out 2nd. I actually overtook him on the run, but about 5 or so passed me before T2. My T2 was pretty pedestrian (as was T1) and the bike was ok with another 5 passing me, meaning that I finished in 11th, which I was chuffed with for my first tri.

It was touch and go whether I would do round 3 of the Hillingdon Tri series on 15th July as a virus had stopped me doing anything for a week or so leading up to it, but I opted to do it nevertheless. After round 2, i'd invested in some Bontrager racelite wheels as i'd heard that wheels were the best upgrade - i didn't go for carbon or a disc as i thought they were too good for my bike. I didn't realise I needed to buy a cassette (and tools) in order to put the wheel together and, having consulted Sheldon (RIP) on tinternet, i opted for 11/23 9 spd cassette as i'd heard that London was flat - however it wasn't perhaps the best option for the last hill at Hillingdon (although i now know that i could have used the small chain ring Rolling Eyes ). I managed to just beat my round 2 time, coming 14th this time, but my body and head ached all the way round. Again, in the circumstances, i was chuffed - my theory was that i must have progressed to have gone slightly faster in the state i was in. Also, for the first time, I began to think "what if i did this next year?" "how much faster could i go?" Also looking at my bike split, I was quite confident that I would achieve my target bike time at London (75 minutes) and, therefore, my overrall 2hr 30mins target time.

Going into London, I was confident that 2hrs 30 mins was achievable - the most worrying thing for me was the heat forecast for the day. My target split times to achieve my goal were 21 minutes swim, 75 minutes bike, 40 minutes run, 6 minutes transition, which gave me an 8 minute puncture buffer. Whilst it was forecast to be hot on the day, my start time was 8:30 on Sunday morning, so i figured that i'd miss the worst of the heat.

I was actually pretty calm going into the race and really enjoyed the swim - i got a great buzz from the crowd as i jumped out of the water and T1 was uneventful (I even managed to cope with the shoes on my pedals for the first time). The bike also went great and, as i was out at or near the front of the swim, i spent most of the ride overtaking riders from an earlier wave. The only worry was the fact that I did the long loop/short loop in the wrong order Confused The breeze was pretty cooling and i felt pretty good going into T2. T2 was a bit of a disaster as i dropped my sun glasses about 100 yards before the excel centre, so i turned round and cycled back to pick them up and then ran the last 100 yards into transition! And then there was the run.....which was an absolute pig - I felt awful.

Although i was passing people, all i could think was "never again etc. etc." At the three quarter point, I actually stopped to walk and drink some gatorade as i felt so bad. The last thing i actually remember was a final push up the excel centre ramp, and then trying to run to the end to try and get under (what i thought) was 2hrs 27 minutes - the next thing i remember was coming round in the Medical Unit with an oxygen mask over my face, a drip in my arm, electrodes stuck to my body, being bathed in ice towels and (what seemed to me to be) a dozen concerned faces staring down at me Shocked

I remember being asked a simple question "do you know what your name is?" and, after trying to get up, being restrained and told in no uncertain terms that "we're trying to save you, so do what we say". Needless to say, I complied. I was told that my body temperature had reached a critical state and that they were bathing in me in iced towels to try and get my temperature down to a safe level. I was also told that i'd already ripped one drip out of my arm as i tried to leave the medical unit with no clothes on mumbling that i had to find my daughter. After about 15 minutes of consciousness (I subsequently learned that i'd been out for 35 minutes after collapsing once I crossed the line) I asked what the time was and I managed to remember my phone number and asked the St Johns people to call Helen so that she could let my Dad know where I was - he had come down to watch with Megan. After about another 15 minutes i was told that I was in a stable condition and that I could go home once I'd pee-ed. Shortly afterwards my Dad and Megam were allowed into see me.

Before I left I was given a debrief by the Doc - he told me that I was in a hyperthermic state brought on by heatstroke (my temperature was 41 degrees). He told me to stay off alcohol for a week, make sure i was hydrated and that if i started to get headaches to go staright to A&E and tell them what had happened. I was also told that as my vital organs had been subjected to a stressful experience, i should avoid putting them through the same experience within the next 12 months, so exercising at that intensity in the heat was not to be on the agenda. Just as I was leaving, I saw an elite lady being wheeled into the medical unit and was told that she was in the state that i had been in, which was not a pretty sight to be honest. The St John's guys also apologised for cutting my lycra tri kit off me, told me that my wedding ring was in my running shoe and said that they'd dropped off my timing chip, so no need to be worried there!

The journey home and the rest of the day was a bit weird to be honest. My body didn't ache (i guess being bathed in iced towels for an hour must have helped), but I kept on thinking about what might have happened had the medics not been on hand so quickly. The biggest lift of the day was when i received a text telling me my time - 2:07:02!!! Then, the next day I found out that I'd come 3rd in my AG wave and I also worked out that I raised over 3k for my chosen charities Smile

After London, I did nothing exercise wise during August, which was as planned - i'd booked into be gelded the week afterwards, followed by a family holiday in Ireland. However, by the end of August, and having discussed it with Helen, I'd decided that I wanted to continue with triathlon and, in particular, see whether I could establish myself on the Irish AG scene - the theory being that the climate would suit me better. So I signed up to TriTalk (29/08/2007) and started to think about what i was going to do for the rest of the year and how I was going to go about putting a programme together for 2008, which is where I'm going to leave it for now.

In the next part, i'm going to cover what I did for the rest of 2007, my original plans for 2007 and how I came to be selected for the Herbalife Triathlon Academy.

Introduction - Part One
Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:37 pm savaloy
Ok, I thought I'd get kicked off by sharing some information about my sporting background, before telling the story of how I came to get involved with triathlon and the Herbalife Triathlon Academy for 2008

Although I was pretty sporty as a kid, I didn't really focus on one particular sport at school. In the main I tried to avoid being noticed by the PE teachers in any sport which might involve playing for the school on a Saturday as I wanted to work in my dad's shop to earn pocket money Very Happy . So, whilst I enjoyed playing football and rugby, I made only a handful of appearances for school teams. I did represent the school at athletics, cross country and swimming though and I was a member of a swimming club (Broomfield Park), although I didn't compete, until I was about 12. I also got involved with kayaking through the scouts from about the age of 11 (and used to compete in middle distance races), but stopped that when I was about 15.

However, when I left school at 16 to go to technical college I was persuaded to re-join Broomfield Park swimming club (mainly for the social scene - my brother and sister were swimming there and doing quite well) and got into swimming in a big way. After a couple of years I progressed to a larger club (Camden Swiss Cottage) where I discovered the concept of early morning training and two sessions in a day Shocked I reached a reasonable standard - County/District/British Grand Prix level - but didn't really trouble the national level swimmers, albeit I did make a relay team for GB in the catholic student european games. My main focus was 200m backstroke, although I also swam 100m backstroke, 100m and 200m butterfly and 400m individual medley (although my breastroke and front crawl let me down). I eventually retired from swimming when I was 22 after suffering from (and being unable to shake off) tendonitus in my elbows (golfer's elbow) which put an end to my attempt to try and qualify for the 1992 Olympic Trials (which was my goal for the 1991/1992 season).

Apart from training for and completing a few half marathons in 1992/1993 (i can't remember exactly but my times were in the region of 1:23 - 1:25hrs) I did not really exercise again until 2001. In the intervening 9 years, I met and married Helen, focussed on my career (starting a business in 1996), put on 4 stones and did some swim coaching for Camden Swiss Cottage, London University Swim Team (LUST) and the British Amputees Swimming Association.

Upon discovering that I was 16 1/2 stone Shocked I went on diet for 3 months, (and also jogged/walked on a treadmill for an hour a day) which enabled me to feel confortable enough to join the masters section of Camden Swiss Cottage in September 2001. I really got into swimming again and did pretty well, winning a GB masters title in my age group, and ended up training with the top squad. However, my training suffered with the addition of PJ in February 2004 to Megan (2002) and I stopped swimming again in 2004 Rolling Eyes although i had acquired a vague interest in triathlon as a result of some exposure to triathletes during some swim club training camps at Club La Santa and also the fact that there were a few triathletes (including an aussie ironman triathlete (Russell O'Malley)) who trained at Camden Swiss Cottage.

Having mentioned to Helen that I wouldn't mind having a crack at the London Triathlon, i found a beginners guide to triathlon in my 2004 xmas stocking. Taking the hint, I went down to Evans and bought a Cannondale Ironman 600 bike with clip on bars in the New Year sale! I started running and biking with the intention of doing London in 2005 and wasn't doing too badly until Connor arrived (at the beginning of April 2005), at which point the bike went into the shed....

8 months of inactivity passed (and several pounds gained) until i found a triathlon tips book in my 2005 xmas stocking. So out came the bike and i started running and biking again (with the intention of doing London in 2006) ....for about 2 months until the pressure of work took over. 2006 was a manic year at work and i ended up working some silly hours and put on more weight in the process. However, towards the end of the year (with Helen now pregnant with Georgia), I figured that if I didn't do London in 2007 the chances of ever doing a triathlon would diminish as the kids got older. After discussing it with Helen, I decided that the best way of achieving my goal would be to actually enter the race, go public with it and commit to raising some money for charity. So in December 2006 I entered the race and announced to everyone that I could that I would be doing it in aid of a number of charities which I was interested in.

Out came the bike, I started running and (unlike the previous 2 years) I started swimming again in February 2007 with Camden Swiss Cottage. which is where I'm going to leave it for now. In the next part I going to blog about the lead up to London, my experience on the day and my thoughts afterwards.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 66, 67, 68  Next 
My Results from 2015

Wimbleball UK 70.3 28/06/15
10th M45
(24:27/5:30/3:10.45/5:21/1:44.58 )

Outlaw 26/07/15
4th M45 10:07.55
(51:34/2:17/5:17.11/4:18/3:52.33)

Thames Turbo Sprint 31/08/15
7th 1:02.30
(5:53/0:49/35.89/0:55/18.53)

Challenge Weymouth 13/09/15
5th M45 10:07.40
(55:28/3:53/5:21.23/4:23/3:42.34)
My Results from 2014

Abu Dhabi Long Distance 15/03/14
DNF
(39:24/4:20/5:35:02/DNF)

Ironman South Africa 06/04/14
16th M45 11:02.34
(50:54/3:13/5:54.06/6:36/4:07.35)

Joey Hannon 27/04/14
3rd 1:57:08
(20:31/1:20/57:20/1:42/36.13)

Mallorca 70.3 10/05/14
4th M45 4:32.37
(23:36/3:56/2:29.25/3:22/1:32.18 )

Hell of The West (Killkee) 28/06/14
9th 2:07:20
(18:52/0:51/1:08.43/0:41/37:54)

Hillingdon Sprint 20/07/14
1st 1:14.18
(9:57/24:41/39:40)

Bedford Classic 27/07/14
4th 2:11:40
(19:30/0:41/1:09.24/0:35/41:33)

London Triathlon Olympic Plus 03/08/14
3rd 2:59:41
(19:32/3:01/2:00:21/2:32/34:26)

Monster Middle 17/08/14
2nd 3:59.31
(26:13/2.12/2:06.36/1.11/1:23:21)

ITU World AG Champs Standard 01/09/14
4th M45 2:03:59
(19:18/2:30/1:00.05/2:15/39:08 )

World 70.3 Championships 07/09/14
7th M45 4:18.17
(24:50/4:06/2:19:23/2:19/1:27.35)

Ironman Barcelona 05/10/14
3rd M45 9:05:59
(49.21/2:42/4:50:44/1:08/3:22:04)
_____My results from 2013____

Abu Dhabi Long Distance 02/03/13
1st M40 7:29.03
(38:20/3:48/5:18:54/4:55/1:23.09)

ETU Middle Distance Champs (Barcelona) 19/05/13
6th M40-44 4:55:48
(27:31/2:09/2:50.45/1:04/1:34.19)

Lough Cutra Olympic 26/05/13
3rd 2:12:38
(21:27/0:50/1:11.18/0:48/28.13)

Hever Castle Evening Sprint 12/06/13
1st 1:12.36
(12:30/0:54/38:13/0:47/20:09)

South Cerney Olympic 15/06/13
2nd 2:08:08
(20:10/1:03/66:49/1:24/38:36)

Ironman Frankfurt 07/07/13
14th M40 9:31:31 (S 49:32/T1 03:53/B 5:01:15/T2 02:43/R 3:34:08 )

London Triathlon Olympic Plus 28/07/13
1.5k/80k/10k - 2nd 3:08:31 (S 21:13/T1 2:57/B 2:04:01/T2 2:29/R 37:53)

European 70.3 Champs Wiesbaden 11/08/13
21st M40 4:41:52 (23:28/2:51/2:43:28/1:52/1:30:13)

Hillingdon Aquathlon 05/09/13
1st 24:12
(08:40/15:32)

Valencia Olympic 08/09/13
1st M40 2:10:08 (S 21:39/T1 1:38/B 1:06:35/T2 1:52/R 38:24)

ITU Aquathlon World Championships 11/09/13
1st M40 31:02
(12:59/1:06/16:57)

ITU World AG Champs - Standard 15/09/13
4th M40 1:51:30 (S 9:54/T1 2:52/B 1:00.32/T2 2:56/R 35:18 )

Ironman World Championship 12/10/13
11th M40 9:19:58 (S 53:33/T1 02:23/B 4:53:04/T2 03:20/R 3:27:38 )
_____My results from 2012____

Serp NYD 10k 01/01/12- 15th 36:09
Met XC League Trent Park 4.75 mile XC 14/01/12 60th of 335 27:44

Southern England XC Champs Brighton 28/01/12169th of 745 (20th vet) - 58:34 - 15k

Met XC League Perivale 5.66 mile XC 11/02/12
46th of 267 31:31

Roding Valley Half 26/02/12
7th of 910 75:51

Abu Dhabi Long Distance 03/03/12
DNF Sad

Bath Half 11/03/12
111th 79:58

Brentwood Half 25/03/12
10th 75:49

USN Sprint Duathlon 01/04/12
5K/20K/5k - 1st 1:07:24 (Run 1 17:47/T1 0:28/Bike 30:37/T2 0:29/Run 2 18:03)

FulonTri Duathlon 14/04/12
6K/18K/6k - 4th 1:14:01 (Run 1 21:47/T1 0:29/Bike 30:18/T2 0:37/Run 2 20:49)

ETU European Champs 20/04/12
1st M40-44 1:59:47
(20:22/2:52/59:26/1:30/35:37)

Volcano Olympic 28/04/12
5th 2:04:40
(19:32/2:14/65:39/1:03/36:13)

GB Masters Champs Sheffield 50m pool 04/05/12

1500m - 2nd in 40-44 AG 18:50:79

ECCA 10m TT E2/10 05/05/12 38.01 (20:51 but late start penalty)Last Very Happy

Norland 30m TT F1/30 06/05/12 1:05.03 3rd

ECCA 10m TT E91/10 07/05/12 22:08 3rd

Norland 50m TT F1/50 13/05/12 1:49.54 3rd

Ironman Lanzarote 19/05/12
9th M40 10:09:30 (S 50:31/T1 03:47/B 5:30:09/T2 06:10/R 3:38:54)

Herts 30m TT F1/30 27/05/12 1:03.15 2nd

Finsbury Park 50m TT F1/50 10/06/12 1:48:20 4th

Icknield 25m TT F1/25 01/07/12 55:01 5th

Challenge Roth 08/07/12
1st M40 9:03:21 (S 47:45/T1 02:22/B 5:02:40/T2 01:48/R 3:08:48 )

API 25m TT E2/25 14/07/12 50:35 10th

SwimFest 10k swim 15/07/12 2:21:14 5th

Shaftesbury CC 50m TT E2/50 21/07/12 1:46:41 18th

ITU LD World Champs Vitoria Gasteiz 29/07/12
2nd M40 6:18:36 (S 55:43/T1 02:40/B 3:05:25/T2 1:33/R 2:13:18 )

FPCC 25m TT F1/25 05/08/12 55:12 14th

Votwo Silverstone Duathlon 07/08/12
3K/18K/3k - 3rd 51:04 (Run 1 11:05/T1 0:16/Bike 28:16/T2 0:15/Run 2 11:12)

Irish MD Champs Half Ireman 19/08/12
2nd 4:29:21
(24:25/01:51/2:31:03/1:10/1:32:44)

Wicklow Aquathlon 22/08/12
3rd 28:22

Ironman 70.3 World Champs Las Vegas 09/09/12
40th M40 5:04:55(26:36/3:41/2:41:25/2:43/1:50:30)

London Triathlon Olympic Plus 23/09/12
1.5k/80k/10k - 2nd 3:08:56 (S 20:37/T1 3:28/B 2:02:37/T2 1:58/R 40:18 )

Votwo 3.8k Swim Dorney 30/09/12
48:32 3rd

Ironman World Championship 13/10/12
62nd M40 10:09:27 (S 54:36/T1 02:37/B 5:27:20/T2 05:21/R 3:39:27)
All about savaloy

savaloy
Interests: Triathlon

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.