Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
All about felix

felix

Just keep going.
Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:20 pm felix
Well the snow has finally gone and to be honest I'm pretty pleased. My kids were sorry to see it go and were wishing for more time of school and I think my wife was 'gutted' to have to have time off work to look after them.

Training over the last couple of weeks has been pretty good although no cycling apart from on the turbo trainer. I had a close encounter with black ice on sunday morning and had my first cycling crash. Not too bad just a bruised but cheek and a few scratches on the bike. Hopefully no ice this weekend.

Feeling a bit anxious about the event at the moment and I guess that is just down to thinking about my lack of experience and the unknown that is 100mile+ cycling and marathon running. Just gotta keep the faith and trust that the training will get me to the end!!

Thinking about a new bike as mine is OK but I want something more dynamic for the summer and for the Outlaw. The eternal question is tri or road bike? Just not sure. Whatever I choose I'm thinking of building it myself over the next couple months. Spreads the cost!!

Thats all for now......Safe training avoid the black ice!!!

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:33 am Poet
Ah, my first crash - since then it's been a downhill battle. There was a time of no falls and no punctures, those times are now with the wind Rolling Eyes
Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:08 am Sue
anxiety is natural
--for most of us Wink
as long as you have a training pln to follow then you knowyou'll be delivered on the day toba able to give it your best shot Smile

Goto page 1, 2  Next 

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.