Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
All about felix

felix

Can a plan survive contact with injury????
Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:53 pm felix
I can't believe that it has been 5 weeks since I last wrote on my blog. So much for religiously updating it on a weekly basis!!

The training for the Outlaw has been going pretty well based on my own training plan which is loosely based on the Fink programme but adapted to fit my working and personal life. I think the time and distances are somewhere between the 'just get round' and 'intermediate; plan. The bad news is that I have strained a muscle in my leg. Not sure of the medical term for the location but the pain is coming from about 1-2 inches below my calf muscle. I initially felt a twinge last week during a long run. Seemed Ok after a couple of days(during which I was still training) but tonight after a track session (my first ever) it is feeling quite severe. Very annoyed but with 24 weeks to go I hope some rest will see it off!! I'm hoping swimming will still be OK and will probably take the chance to push out some weights in the gym.

Advice on how much time off is too much with Iron distance event on Aug 8th gratefully received.

On the home front I am continuing to re-decorate my house and its moving along nicely. The house has been up for sale for just over 7 months now and with no views in the last 2 months I was thinking of taking off the market for a bit, however out of the blue two viewings booked for the weekend, the bad news is the dining room needs some wallpaper on the walls!!! I think I'll be busy tomorrow night.

Well thats all for now folks, so safe training.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:34 am Carlito
Don't want to shock but below calf sounds like Achilles. If it doesn't get better then might be worth seeing a physio. Better not to risk a longer layoff. If you have to miss a week's running then it is not the end of the world. You can still bike and swim.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:55 pm Sue
does sound in the achilles region
would suggest gentle stretching n ice
also when improves keep on stretching before n after running to be preventative
with IM beg Aug I think you need as much time as needs to heal, get it ok now n still ample time to build distance in run
maybe the track session was too severe to quick plus did you do strides, ect to warm up? our coach used to have us do them

hope house goes ok
--n goes Wink

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.