Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
All about felix

felix

Where does the time go!!
Thu May 13, 2010 2:28 pm felix
Arrgghh its been months since I last blogged. Just can't believe where the year is going. Ironman training really does seem to take over everything!!!

With the Outlaw just over 12 weeks away I'm beginning to panic...... Have I really bitten off more than I can chew!! The advice I had with regards to my achilles injury was 1st rate, so thanks to everyone. I did no running for 3-4 weeks but upped the swimming and kept going with the cycling. It still gets a bit tender after a long run (10miles plus) but on the whole is now fine. I think without some advice I would have just kept training and proably would be written off for the Outlaw by now.

I currently have a big dilema about whether to buy a new bike for the Outlaw. My current bike is a 4 year old Giant OCR compact with Campagnola Mirage 9 speed groupset and Ksyrium SSC wheels. Profile carbon aero bars. As usual money is tight but could probably find 1000. My dilema is that will a new bike make me any faster, probably not significantly as my aim is to get round (14hrs), but will a new bike make it easier?? and therefore more likely that I will get round. I have contemplated getting a TT bike as I have read that the course is flat and suited to using one but my lack of experience worries me.

On a training front I think that with the injury/work and personal pressure(family) i'm progressing as well as I could be. My biggest training worry is pushing out a 100mile cycle by the end of May probably the last weekend. I just want to know how my body will be feeling with that time in the saddle and to find out if my ideas on nutrition hold out in practice.

Anybody do their Open water swimming training in Reading? If so it would be good to have someone to meet up with on my first visit there. Oh did i say that i haven't done much OW swimming either.... the more I write today the more I realise that I have a bloody mountain to climb!!!!

I guess if this thing was easy they wouldn't have called it Ironman!!!

Thu May 13, 2010 5:47 pm KP nut
I had a Giant TCR but upgraded for Outlaw. Bought a Planet X Pro Carbon SL. Which is a MUCH more comfortable ride, and a bit quicker too.

My Outlaw Race Report: http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80246

Fri May 14, 2010 8:37 am tririch
Yep seems this 12 week mark has all of a sudden got me scared too. I'm also thinking of getting a new bike - that'll put me at ease!? Good luck with the training.

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.