Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
All about felix

felix

6 weeks to go
Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:35 am felix
Another lengthy period between blogs but a regular reader if not contributor!

Just under 6 weeks to the Outlaw now and feeling very excited about it. having not done anything like this before I think the only way I'll find out if I've done enough training is on the day. Pretty much got everything for the day sorted kit wise including a new TT bike that I've been training on for the last few weeks. Its a Fuji Aloha 1.0 and seems to be doing the job for me. Definately a more aero riding position and fits me well. Having a few dilemas where to put all my kit on the bike but I'm sure i'll find somewhere to stash it all!

The last few weeks have been pretty steady and consitant training wise. The long cycle rides just haven't been as often as I wanted but I have done more 2 to 3 hour rides than initially planned. It really has been a huge juggling act to fit things in around work and family. I guess the same for most people out there trying to do this.

I did have the opportunity to go to the Fench Alps a couple of weeks ago. Les Contamines, a few miles from Chamonix. The week was spent doing Rock Climbing, Moutain Biking and Trekking. I did take my road bike as well and managed to get a good ride out. Quality hills training but maybe not quite the terrain I'm expecting for the Outlaw. Managed to get some good runs in as well. The mountain biking was awesome with some real steep inclines, very fast decents and some very technically demanding sections too. The Trekking took us up to 2550m and at times was a real slog. Scenary was amazing, although when we reached the summit of Mount Joly the weather and cloud closed in. I hate it when that happens!! A great week (sometimes being in the Army has real benefits!!).

A few more weeks hard traning and pushing the boundaries including some lake swimminng and an Outlaw cycle recce and judgemet day will be here!

With my blogging record I reckon thats one more entry to go.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:57 pm Sue
we can all say, and prob do that we should have done more training Rolling Eyes
but youve done what you can, have a few weeks left to fine tune
--then do your bit on the day
enjoy Wink

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:30 pm iainm
I know Contamines reasonably well - cycled up to there when we were staying on the campsite at Lake Passy in 06. The Alps are great in summer aren't they! All the best with the rest of the training.

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.