Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Oh the joy....finished!

Calendar 03 - 2019

<  Mar, 2019   >
SuMoTuWeThFrSa

Username:

Password:

All about sooooooooz

sooooooooz

to hell and back
Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:05 am sooooooooz
So ...back home from 4 weeks in hospital...and time to try to put it all behind me. Tuesday, not sure of the date, went out for nice run of 7miles and that
evening felt a bit tired. Had painful cramp in the night and put it down to dehydration. Got up early 4.30am to make a cup of tea nad began to feel the old gall bladder pain in side. Went back to bed and slept for a while only for the pain to come back later in the day. Tried to go upstairs to get on the bed and collapsed on the stairs. Glyn called the ambulance and I was taken to A&E at RUH Bath. I was in panic state as this felt worse then any other attack. I was monitored overnight and then things began to worsen .A stone must have lodged in my pancreas causing acute pancreatitis. I rapidly went downhill and was transferred to intensive care or ITU as it's now called. I became very poorly as my body swelled and my lungs filled with fluid. Breathing became really difficult.
After throwing a major wobbly whereby I thought I'd been kidnapped and tried to pull out the central line in my neck I was put on a ventilator. And thats where I stayed for a week. My wonderful husband was so worried as were my daughters.
I slowly pulled through and spent the next 2 weeks getting my lungs strong enough for keyhole. The operation was so easy and the hospital let me out the next day.
I've been home 10 days and never felt so weak and lacking in any strength.

So where to now?....well, it's going to be a long time before I'm back to "normal". Everything, even cleaning my teeth tires me out. But I'm confident given time I should make a full recovery.

take care everyone out there look after yourselves and I'll be back laters
Soooooooooz

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:27 pm p00key
Really glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. After such an awful thing to happen to you.
Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:39 pm Carlito
Phew, glad you are recovering. Take Care.

Goto page 1, 2  Next 
SJ in Triathlon Plus

Last Forum Post

[ Find all posts by sooooooooz ]
[ Last Post ]

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.