Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
blah blah KP's Blog.... blah blah ONE LIFE: LIVE IT!
Team KP @ Locarno Tri 2008

Team KP @ Locarno Triathlon: Age 3-5

Head Case???
Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:48 pm KP nut
Well the good news is I’ve come away on holiday and training has been going really well. And the bad news is I’ve come away on holiday and the training has been going really well………. Shocked

Why is that bad news! Well because basically for months before the holiday I had been struggling with fatigue and a load of other symptoms and this suggests that a big chunk of the problems I have had are in my head. Not sure how else to explain the sudden form and the simultaneous sudden disappearance of headaches, night sweats and insomnia. The weird thing is that the symptoms have been entirely physical. I am not aware of any feelings of stress etc. But I guess stress is a strange beast. But then again my iron levels have been low and I started taking supplements 3 weeks before the holiday so maybe I have suddenly reached a heathier level which just so happened to coincide with the holiday….. Hmmmm Confused

Anyway enough of tedious naval gazing. How’s the RUNNING! Laughing
I have been away for 2 weeks and covered 49 miles in week 1, and 29 miles in week 2. All on the ONER route. That included a 15 mile night run with Curry of this Parish. We had considered running 30 but there was the possibility of a bail out at Lulworth Cove – the ‘halfway point’. After about 12 miles I was knackered and also quite weirded out by being on the cliffs at night. Lots of critters about only visible because their creepy green eyes shone in the torchlight. I was trying to summon up enough courage to tell him I wanted to bail out as several more hours of relentless hills in the dark felt a bridge too far. I was mightily happy when he turned to me and said ‘shall we call it a day at Lulworth’. YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I thought while calmly saying something along the lines of ‘ok then’. Wink

So a few days left to go and am planning a daytime 30 miler instead with the walking poles which will be my last big effort before the Equinox 24.

REPLIES}
SOOOOOZ and magpie: Thanks for reading and on-going support!

My Outlaw Race Report: http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80246

Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:12 pm magpie
Great try and keep that mindset and I suggest if you find yourself slipping back have a read of this blog to remind yourself,as for running along a cliff in the dark Shocked why am i not surprised Very Happy

Thought For The Month 2014

August: All the effort in the world won't matter if you are not inspired"

July: "If the road is easy you're likely going the wrong way"

June: "You will get what you want, when you stop making excuses on why you don’t have it.”

May: “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.” Winston Churchill
Thought for the Month 2013...

March: Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.
Thought For The Month 2011

January: She who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.

February: My own prescription for health is less paperwork and more running barefoot through the grass.

March: Experience has taught me this, that we undo ourselves by impatience. Misfortunes have their life and their limits, their sickness and their health.

April: Aim for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars.

May: Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless!
Thought For The Month 2010

January: "How you live your days is, of course, how you live your life"

February: "Millions of people long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy afternoon".

March: "A diamond is just a lump of coal that stuck to its job"

April: "If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster"

May: "Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it!"

June: "Those who say it can't be done, should not interrupt the person doing it".

July: "The mountains are in your mind".

August: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

September: "Pain is temporary. Pride lasts forever."

October: "It's not the WHAT of what you do, but the HOW of how you do it."

November: "There's no such thing as bad weather. Just inadequate clothing".

December: "When I get older, losing my hair. Many years from now.
Will you still be sending me a Valentine?
Birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
Give me your answer, fill in form
Mine forever more????
Will you stillneed me. Will you still feed me
When I'm 64".

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.