Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Meeeeee!

Larger than your average triathlete, recently completed Wimbleball 70.3 in June 2014 and now on the voyage to become an Ironman.

Week 1
Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:54 am swimbikewaddle
Week 1 of the plan completed, just got to string another 19 together Very Happy

Fairly uneventful week, managed to complete all the sessions and ended the week with a 10k race yesterday. Felt pretty tired Thursday so took Friday as a rest day, 2 hour bike in the rain and hail on Saturday then into the race Sunday not really knowing what to expect after a big week for me and the ride the day before. I had a figure of 11 min miles in my head to target and pleased to say I was smack on at 1.08 and 10:58 pace. The race is a hilly 10k and wasn't made any easier with an incident involving horse riders charging onto the course right in front of me, having to stop but then one rider decided to try to go through the whole field (550!), charging up the hill and knocking and injuring a competitor from my club who wasn't in a good state. Don't want to say anymore but feel there is going to be major repercussions.

This week will be a chance to be consistent and get 2 good weeks in the bag, no races now until Bideford half marathon on March 2nd.

Training 27th-2nd

M:1800m Swim 41mins Run Coaching 1.2 mile 17 min
T: 19 mile 90mins Bike
W: 3.6 mile 45 min run
T: 1.3 mile 19 min Run Coaching 1800m 47min swim
F: Rest
S: 22 mile bike 110mins
S: 10k Race 68 mins.

Total 7 hours 17 mins.

Replies -

Soooz- Hope your training is coming along nicely, struggling a little with the bikes in this weather but feel I have an edge after 2 rides in wind and rain this week.

KP- Indeed, I think I am quite strong mentally, which is no doubt going to be useful at Wimbleball!

Cyanide - Thanks! Are you going to be at any of the tri series this year?

Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:34 pm sooooooooz
Well done Dan this week. I've not been out on my bike since returning from Lanza...just can't face this weather Sad

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.