Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Meeeeee!

Larger than your average triathlete, recently completed Wimbleball 70.3 in June 2014 and now on the voyage to become an Ironman.

Final countdown
Fri May 09, 2014 7:34 am swimbikewaddle
Well it will be 5 weeks to go this Sunday..... Shocked

Targets - at least 3 more 50 mile bikes with 3000ft + climbing, 3 x 10 mile runs 3 x 3k OW Swims.

Training has been going pretty well, some of my biggest ever months in March and April, approaching 38-40 hours in both. This has seen some good performances as well, in my first tri of the year in early April equalling my pb for the course in horrific wind and rain. I also took part in Plymouth half marathon a couple of weeks back and broke my PB there, but what was most pleasing was the fact I negative split the course by 2 minutes quicker on the second half. I have also been up to ride the Wimbleball course Evil or Very Mad We did 1 lap and the in/out of transition for 33 miles and 3000ft of climbing. Those hills are going to be a killer on the 2nd lap. I have sensibly gone and got a 11-32 for the back and its proving useful in training so far so hopefully get me up that Plyon Hill and the middle one. Strangely I found Haddon Hill a lot easier. We also did a loop of the run which was more off road than I thought, hoping for dry weather or it could churn up a bit.

Moving on I have a couple more warm up races, Eton Sprint next weekend for the British Champs (What am I doing!) and then London ITU Olympic in Hyde Park on the 1st June. Looking forward to seeing what I can do in those. I will possibly enter a couple local TT's as well but not decided yet.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:55 am magpie
just caught up with your blog bloody amazing mate if nothing else your training to date puts me to shame Very Happy

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.