Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk

Ultra!!!
Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:19 pm Paolo
At the start of the year I had many events lined up in mind, mostly middle distance triathlons as I do like a plod.

Here we are in March and other than a fair bit of running, I have had no motivation to get down the pool, not that I ever did, or get out on the bike (poor thing is locked away in the garage all cold and alone).

Decided to push the running as I seem to have found something I can do moderately ok and touch wood remain injury free from….

2013 is now the year of no triathlons but Paolo's 1st ever adventure into the world of Ultra running. Recent months I have read with awe people's tales of long distance triathlons, double, triple, that mad 10 day thing and of course the Thames100 of which I am again following with interest this year.

Today I paid my monies, all £35 of it and I'm in the Monster Ultra at Ely…did their first middle, so only natural to do their first Ultra!

It’s a 45 mile effort and I have 6 months to rise to the challenge. Present efforts at 13 miles, around 1:50, so will need to slow down, walk/run/eat and try a few things - at least I will be in the top 50 for a change (check the racecapacity) Wink

Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:32 pm theprawn
45 miles? easy, no problem.
Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:52 am Big Ted
good luck. Cool Smile

Leave all this misery behind"

March: Gin Pit double marathon

June: Back to front enigma marathons

Monster Ultra Very Happy Very Happy

Hurden 18 mile run

Cowman sprint

Cowman middle

Grafham water cross country

Bedford half marathon

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.