Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk

1st Session complete
Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:09 pm Paolo
First "Ultra" training session complete - I normally plod along at 8 min miles for anything between 9 to 11 miles dependant on my state of mind.

Following the threads on tri-talk I knew I would have to slow down and look to adapt to a run/walk strategy from the outset - amazing how difficult it is to get your mind to accept that you will walk and walking is correct to do!!

I set off slowly, around 9 min miles, would of preferred slower but it’s a start. I ran 17.5 mins and walked 2.5 mins, easier for my simple mind to work in 20 minute segments!!

Completed around 12 miles and felt a lot fresher at the end and today than I normally would by plodding out the whole distance. Going to look to get a 10k under my belt, perhaps Wednesday evening and then look to continue with the same strategy for 2.5 hours next weekend.

Happy with that for now….

March: Gin Pit double marathon

June: Back to front enigma marathons

Monster Ultra Very Happy Very Happy

Hurden 18 mile run

Cowman sprint

Cowman middle

Grafham water cross country

Bedford half marathon

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.