Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Menu

[ New Topic ]

Pre race Jitters - Start times published- 2 weeks to go
Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:40 pm mrsmac
yes my second ever event is in two weeks and I have the serious case of pre race jitters. not helped by:
1) a dismal bike ride where legs seemed to have stayed at home
2) discussions post swim lessons with other people who have entered. you know the i'll do the bike ride in 50 mins, i'll do the swim in x mins, i'll finish in x time.

Its hard to get caught up in these and I try and stay away from them if i can, as I know I will be at the bottom end of the finish times towards the end and I'm trying to do MY race at MY pace but somehow these conversations combined with a bad training day often make me feel like i am not good enough.
i did have a great swim on sunday and did 30 lengths, the most I have ever done in one session!! and I did have a great run earlier on in the week 5 miles in 50mins. I really need to focus on my own confidence in the run up to the event, its just i'm worried the bike will kill me!!
I am aiming to cycle the course next weekend which I think will help greatly. I am looking forward to the run as it is an out and back route which i like.
ordered some tri shorts which will give me a boost - new sports clothing always does!! as i realise i need the padding this time on the cycle, i did without last time and i can't run in my cycle shorts, well thats my excuse anyway.

[ New Topic ]   

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.