Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk

Oh, it's Monday, where did you come from!
Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:36 am Roscoemck
Another weekend that seems to have gone all too quickly!

Saturday, just a run of 4.72m, done at MAF pace no issues. The lovely wife and I then headed out for the day up to Kenmore on Loch Tay. It's one of, if not our favourite place. Even a day there recharges the batteries.

Sunday, turbo session then strength and core. Must have hit the spot because the DOMS have set in this morning! The rest of the day was spent doing the normal Sunday stuff, dog walking, visiting mum, chilling.

So here's Monday! Game face on, get stuck into work and make it productive. I always strive to be positive on Mondays, unlike my colleagues. It's just another day.

Swimming tonight, can't wait.

Thursday Ramble
Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:40 am Roscoemck
Went to the pool last night, confession time, didn't do any freestyle practice. I felt like I just wanted to swim and relax without having to concentrate on what I was doing. May sound daft, I just needed a break.

Current thoughts are that I'll have to breaststroke if I get into this sprint in May as my freestyle will be nowhere near good enough. Anyway.......... did 1000m breaststroke, 2.52/100 and 37 SWOLF. Not very impressive figures I know, however, it's my first time under 3 minutes per 100m and my first SWOLF under 40.

Went out for a run at 0430 this morning, 4 miles steady pace. Felt good, nice and relaxed. Right hamstring/calf a bit tight, have been that way since cramping on Monday.

Will hot the gym for some weights and core after work.

My Training Journey
Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:40 am Roscoemck
After a little prompt from PCP, I thought I'd start this blog to record my day to day training, thoughts and woes!

I've always cycled, got into running in the 90's and did 6 Glasgow Half Marathons and a few 10k's. Swimming has always just been a holiday, a very poor breaststroke.

Stopped running 6 years ago when I tore my calf a couple of times. I started running again 18 months ago with the couch to 5k and it worked out well.

Cycling? Love it. Mainly mountain biking when I was younger then got into road cycling mid 2000's. Not what you want to hear but Lance inspired me back then to give it a go.

For some reason, I was bitten by the triathlon bug last year, no idea why. Might be an age thing (turned 49 in February).

Swimming is my issue. I took a block of lessons in February and am slowly getting to grips with Freestyle. Very slowly! My breaststroke has improved immensely.

I've signed up for the Bishopbriggs sprint triathlon in May and am on the waiting list as I wasn't early enough to guarantee a spot.

Goto page Previous  1, 2 

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.