Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk

My Training Journey
Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:40 am Roscoemck
After a little prompt from PCP, I thought I'd start this blog to record my day to day training, thoughts and woes!

I've always cycled, got into running in the 90's and did 6 Glasgow Half Marathons and a few 10k's. Swimming has always just been a holiday, a very poor breaststroke.

Stopped running 6 years ago when I tore my calf a couple of times. I started running again 18 months ago with the couch to 5k and it worked out well.

Cycling? Love it. Mainly mountain biking when I was younger then got into road cycling mid 2000's. Not what you want to hear but Lance inspired me back then to give it a go.

For some reason, I was bitten by the triathlon bug last year, no idea why. Might be an age thing (turned 49 in February).

Swimming is my issue. I took a block of lessons in February and am slowly getting to grips with Freestyle. Very slowly! My breaststroke has improved immensely.

I've signed up for the Bishopbriggs sprint triathlon in May and am on the waiting list as I wasn't early enough to guarantee a spot.

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.