Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
SURVIVOR 2004

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: SURVIVOR 2004 Reply with quote

Anyone know if there is to be another Survivor this year, and if so, when it starts? I presume they are waiting for big brother to end first(?).

I haver to admit (for my sins) I'm a fan of reality TV, and particularly wnjoy watching Survivor. Some great little challenges on it, particularly the 'log challenge'. Such a simple idea but it's something you'd have to push yourself to the physical and mental limit to win (all depending of course on who you are up against).
Smile
slowpoke rodriguez

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darryl - don't know about Survivor but heard that Superstars is coming back later this year. Depending what age you are you may remember this from the seventies - best thing ever on telly. Various sportstars competing against each other in different disciplines - Kevin Keegan falling off his bike, Bryan Jacks doing all those parallel dips, all with big hair. Superb.

I gather Leanda Cave may be taking part - hope she kicks ass.
Daz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes I heard about this. She gave nothing away re:her performance in the 220 interview a month or two ago. I hope she kicked arse too, for the good of triathlon!

I think Spencer Smith would have been good in the mens competition.....maybe next year! He's built like a s-house, so prob got power to take on anything. What you think?
slowpoke rodriguez

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he'd be great - the all round athletes tended to do really well. I reckon someone like Dean Macey the decathlete would do well too. The ones who never used to do much good were those in a very specific sport like skiers and, unfortunately, cyclists.

The thought of Spencer Smith creaming David Beckham in a 400m race on telly would be just too tempting to miss!
Daz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good shout! That WOULD be good TV.

It's a shame about the cyclists. They just dont have the upper body strength do they.

Yes Dean Macey would be preety good, but anything over a mile running and 2 mile cycling might finish him off....way too much lactic acid! Mad
thinman220

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Ahhhhh! Evil or Very Mad Reality t.v. sucks big style. If I want to know how someone else copes with a situation I will ask them. Throwing celebs out of planes with parachutes has to be the lowest of the low. However Superstars sounds cool and I think their might be some suprises. Richard Jones might be another possible winner and he's got the media credetials (see Marie Clair!).
Cougie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do the 'celebs' HAVE to have parachutes ?

Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: