Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Total immersion Book
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Fat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well RuthE give you a clue my book has not been opend since i bought it and i am still doing 2:30 100m and 25 stroke per lengh. Sad Sad

(actually i have read it and even though above is true i have improved, my god what was i doing before Sad Sad Sad )

AndyS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the book was a miracle. I read the first 4 chapters one morning then went swimming in a strange pool (which meant no one knew me and I could mess around a bit!). I practiced and immediately I felt the glide stage of the stroke for the first time.

My 400 time went from a very difficult 15 minutes to a comfortable 7:30 within about two weeks. I still haven't got the hang of rolling but it's getting there. It's surprising how quickly I forget to swim 'front quadrant' when something goes wrong, like getting some water in my mouth when breathing and poor stroke makes the problem worse. I remind myself to stretch and it suddenly gets easier.

Miracle.
Captain Fat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reading your post Andy makes me think i need to go reread, as i think i have hit my comfort zone and not improving.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: