Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ribble - Poor after sales service BEWARE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hopper-tri

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Ribble - Poor after sales service BEWARE Reply with quote

You should have just done what it says on their site 'returns' page, here

Team VeloVelocity

IM Mallorca 70.3 2014 - Done.
Fritton Olympic Tri 2014 - Done.
London Triathlon Olympic 2014.
Waveney 2 S/Sprint tri 2014.
Challenge Weymouth 70.3 2014.
K.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The I portent bi there is unmarked and unused.
mikeslow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Also is against distance selling regulations. By law you can send back anything off the internet (unless it has been made for you) within 28 days for any reason whatsoever doesn't have to be faulty, doesn't need to be in the packaging and they are obliged to pick it up from you and pay the costs,. you just need to make the product available for return.
My point is that they know this but still try to con people into believing that their terms and conditions must be adhered to.
Their terms and conditions are illegal and unenforcable
Anyway have sent the turbo back for a refund, has been 4 days and no response from Ribble, I expect they are thinking of a reason why I cant be refunded as we speak Shocked
The Vitruvian
jibberjim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeaver wrote:
Also is against distance selling regulations. By law you can send back anything off the internet (unless it has been made for you) within 28 days for any reason whatsoever doesn't have to be faulty, doesn't need to be in the packaging and they are obliged to pick it up from you and pay the costs,. you just need to make the product available for return.

Those are not the UK DSR's. There are 7 working days from the delivery date, or the date the company provided the regulated information up to a maximum of 3months and 7 days, whichever is the later. For Ribble I expect they gave the information, so 7 days.

And it's perfectly legal to write into the contract of sale that the purchaser has to pay for the returns under the DSR (if it's the item ordered and not a substitute)
K.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeaver wrote:
Quote:

Also is against distance selling regulations. By law you can send back anything off the internet (unless it has been made for you) within 28 days for any reason whatsoever doesn't have to be faulty, doesn't need to be in the packaging and they are obliged to pick it up from you and pay the costs ,. you just need to make the product available for return.

Really? Do you have any links to back that up? It's certainly not my understanding of the DSR's but I'm always happy to be educated.

This is an extract from the Trading Standards website :

Quote:
Your right to cancel, or the 'cooling-off' period:

The 'Distance Selling Regulations' give you the right to change your mind and cancel an order within seven working days. If you do decide to cancel, you should put this in writing, either by letter (a proof of postage certificate or even recorded delivery would be wise), or you can fax or email. A telephone call is not sufficient, unless both you and the trader agree otherwise. It is important that you have proof that a cancellation notice was both sent and received by the trader. The time limits are as follows:

goods - seven working days after the day on which the goods are received
services - seven working days after the day on which you agree to go ahead with the agreement
If a trader fails to provide you with the required information about your right to cancel and return the goods at the time of sale, but does so within three months, the cooling-off period may be extended for seven working days after the information is received. You should take advice on this.

Similarly, if a trader fails to provide you with the required information about your right to cancel a service when agreeing the contract, but does so within three months, the cooling-off period may be extended for seven working days after the information is received. If you agree that the service contract can start before the expiry of seven working days, the trader must give you the required information before the service is performed. If the service has already commenced, the cancellation period ends seven working days from the day after the day you receive the information. If the service has already been performed, the cancellation period ends on the day of performance.

You must take care of goods whilst they are in your possession and, if you are returning them, you should take reasonable care to ensure that the trader receives them and that they are not damaged in transit. If the goods are not adequately packaged, are incorrectly addressed or do not carry the correct postage, and become damaged as a result, the trader may have a claim against you. If the contract allows for it, you could make the goods available for collection. The trader may charge you for the cost of collecting the goods, or you may have to pay the return postage yourself, unless the goods were faulty in the first place. You should check the terms and conditions of your contract to confirm this.

mikeslow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep , I got some of that wrong Crying or Very sad getting a little mixed up with items being faulty in which case the company must pay for returns! *note to self* check facts properly ! however there are still lots of things in the terms and conditions that are against DSR.
Anyway dont want to sound like a whinger just annoys me when I come across obstructive and unhelpful people in customer services
The Vitruvian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: