Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
My bikes nicer than yours.....the competition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 362, 363, 364 ... 430, 431, 432  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chunkytfg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zippe wrote:
KDL wrote:

Here's my new ride, couldn't quite afford the 1080 up front.
Full Dura Ace, Gore cables, Adamno saddle, Keo 2 Carbon pedals and Bonty R4 Aero tyres. Latex tubes naturally.

What type saddle you got ? How do you find it ?

Cheers,

Looks like an ISM Adamo the same as on my bike above. Supposed to be lovely to sit on but personally I cant stand it and will be changing it before I ride the bike again!

Oly PB=2.47.01 @18.5stone!

Will hopefully one day make 'race weight' !!
recipher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chunkytfg wrote:
recipher wrote:
I'm almost certain you've got the wrong size.

And does that have horizontal rear dropouts? You've missed the point of them.

It's a large, they dont/didnt do an XL in the exocet 1. the XL in the Exocet 2 has the same seat tube length give or take a couple of mil so you would still have plenty of seat post showing.

Stem is still a bit short and it isnt actually 'fitted' yet. It's my first TT bike and the addle still needs changing as the adamo saddle are terrible. I will then stick in on a turbo trainer and have a play with tube length. It is however well inside the max limit line on the seat tube

And as others have pointed out it still needs tyres! I only have 25's kicking aroud which are way to wide for this frame

Yep, sorry. I missed the lack of tyres.

How tall are you, out of interest. I'll be interested to see you on the bike once you've fitted yourself to it. What size stem is on it now?

I'm sure you can make it fit you but the fact remains you've got a small frame - long, rising stem + 3cm of spacers + max seat post.

But I'm guessing that you were determined to get an Exocet (price?) so you might not have had the option of getting a larger frame in a different brand. So, fair enough. I doubt it'll make any difference to how fast it is, as long as it fits you.
newarktricky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hartley wrote:
haych_seedy wrote:
hartley wrote:

Posted when I bought it this summer but now got a cracking deal on a rear disc from TFN. Desticker all 3 wheels? leave as is? or Hed stickers for the disc?

Leave the stickers. No shame in having different brands.

Maybe clean the bar tape though (or replace for fizik stuff that wipes clean), are you a part time coal miner?

Fair point- off season-clean the bike!

Great minds think alike!! I would love a fast forward disc for my DA3 - missed out on a 2nd hand one from a club mate so am busy saving!! I didn't realise TFN sold FFWD wheels Confused

NT Confused Confused
chunkytfg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

recipher wrote:

How tall are you, out of interest. I'll be interested to see you on the bike once you've fitted yourself to it. What size stem is on it now?

I'm sure you can make it fit you but the fact remains you've got a small frame - long, rising stem + 3cm of spacers + max seat post.

But I'm guessing that you were determined to get an Exocet (price?) so you might not have had the option of getting a larger frame in a different brand. So, fair enough. I doubt it'll make any difference to how fast it is, as long as it fits you.

TBH having never ridden/owned a TT bike the size choice was more of a guess using planet X's rough size guide. I'm a little over 6'1'' so smack bang in the middle of the suggested size for that frame. The choice of frame was more just a case of what was around with the money I had in my pocket. Assuming I can get this fit right I will eventually get a nice shiney bling frame to go with the bits I bought.

The bike was built up using mainly SH bits including the frame as I couldnt justify a complete new bike at the time. It's got only got a short 80mm stem on it at present which again was a guess but using the theory I ride a short stem on my road bikes so why not on a TT bike. It's too short as my elbows are in the way of my knees! In fact in the 1 time i've ridden it I felt very cramped on it in terms to arms too close to body but with such a short stem I have plenty of room to stretch out whilst keeping the seat angle.

Zippe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chunkytfg wrote:
Zippe wrote:
KDL wrote:

Full Dura Ace, Gore cables, Adamno saddle, Keo 2 Carbon pedals and Bonty R4 Aero tyres. Latex tubes naturally.

What type saddle you got ? How do you find it ?

Cheers,

Looks like an ISM Adamo the same as on my bike above. Supposed to be lovely to sit on but personally I cant stand it and will be changing it before I ride the bike again!

I was thinking it was a ISM,I might try one next year to see what there like,I have a prologo TTR Evo at the moment and it's fine,I'm alway looking for that bit more comfort !!!
chunkytfg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zippe wrote:

I was thinking it was a ISM,I might try one next year to see what there like,I have a prologo TTR Evo at the moment and it's fine,I'm alway looking for that bit more comfort !!!

Fancy swapping? I want the Prologo and have an Adamo. only problem is it's blue!!! lol

TimmyG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haych_seedy wrote:
He did say there weren't tyres yet but at least that means no punctures

Good rolling resistance too

Sub17.net - TimmyG's Blog and Epic 2010 and 2011 Outlaw Race Reports

Coached by Coach Cox
Zippe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chunkytfg wrote:
Zippe wrote:

Fancy swapping? I want the Prologo and have an Adamo. only problem is it's blue!!! lol

Hey,

Sorry I'd be after a plain black one,I might be selling the TTR Evo,
chunkytfg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zippe wrote:
chunkytfg wrote:
Zippe wrote:

Hey,

Sorry I'd be after a plain black one,I might be selling the TTR Evo,

Cool first dibs depending on price though.

Welsh Moz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDL wrote:

Love this bike!!
hartley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newarktricky wrote:
hartley wrote:
haych_seedy wrote:
hartley wrote:

Posted when I bought it this summer but now got a cracking deal on a rear disc from TFN. Desticker all 3 wheels? leave as is? or Hed stickers for the disc?

Leave the stickers. No shame in having different brands.

Maybe clean the bar tape though (or replace for fizik stuff that wipes clean), are you a part time coal miner?

Fair point- off season-clean the bike!

Great minds think alike!! I would love a fast forward disc for my DA3 - missed out on a 2nd hand one from a club mate so am busy saving!! I didn't realise TFN sold FFWD wheels Confused

NT Confused Confused

yep-dont tell all but I got a big discount off the disc. Have a word with Mark.....
recipher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chunkytfg wrote:
recipher wrote:

TBH having never ridden/owned a TT bike the size choice was more of a guess using planet X's rough size guide. I'm a little over 6'1'' so smack bang in the middle of the suggested size for that frame. The choice of frame was more just a case of what was around with the money I had in my pocket. Assuming I can get this fit right I will eventually get a nice shiney bling frame to go with the bits I bought.

The bike was built up using mainly SH bits including the frame as I couldnt justify a complete new bike at the time. It's got only got a short 80mm stem on it at present which again was a guess but using the theory I ride a short stem on my road bikes so why not on a TT bike. It's too short as my elbows are in the way of my knees! In fact in the 1 time i've ridden it I felt very cramped on it in terms to arms too close to body but with such a short stem I have plenty of room to stretch out whilst keeping the seat angle.

Cool. The stem looks longer than 80mm. Stems are generally better slightly shorter on a TT bike. 80mm on a road bike would be short, I'd say. You don't want it to be too long because it'll affect steering and weight distribution.

If you are 6'1" then a L frame (56? 58?) sounds about right. I'd be interested to see you sitting on the bike - the saddle looks very high. If it's too high and you bring it down, then you'll be able to remove spacers too.
chunkytfg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

recipher wrote:
chunkytfg wrote:
recipher wrote:

Cool. The stem looks longer than 80mm. Stems are generally better slightly shorter on a TT bike. 80mm on a road bike would be short, I'd say. You don't want it to be too long because it'll affect steering and weight distribution.

If you are 6'1" then a L frame (56? 58?) sounds about right. I'd be interested to see you sitting on the bike - the saddle looks very high. If it's too high and you bring it down, then you'll be able to remove spacers too.

Like I said it's a work in progress. The saddle may well be too high but becuase it is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever sat on i'm not even bothering to adjust for the time being. The stem is an adjustable one and dirt cheap, bought as a temp measure until I know what I need.

IronMike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished building this little beauty up after a few months of waiting for the parts to arrive!

Specs
Team Carbon Frame (www.teamcarbonbikes.co.uk)
Dura Ace 9000 11 speed mechanical
SRM PC7 wireless powermeter with Rotor Q Rings (53/39)
PRO Carbon monocoque handlebar with integrated cable holds
PRO Carbon Seatpost
Fizik Arione Saddle
Mavic R-sys Wheels

For those who saw my other thread on DA9000 compatibility, I have pretty much got it working 100%. I don't think that the 39/11 will ever work due to the change in height of the Q ring as it rotates - it catches and tries to change up/scrapes along. No biggy, just a bit annoying sometimes. I added 1.5mm of spacers to the drive side and that has helped loads in terms of chain line and not catching the front derailleur. First proper ride on the finished bike tomorrow - come on the sun![/b]
JeffB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike wrote:
Just finished building this little beauty up after a few months of waiting for the parts to arrive!

Specs
Team Carbon Frame (www.teamcarbonbikes.co.uk)
Dura Ace 9000 11 speed mechanical
SRM PC7 wireless powermeter with Rotor Q Rings (53/39)
PRO Carbon monocoque handlebar with integrated cable holds
PRO Carbon Seatpost
Fizik Arione Saddle
Mavic R-sys Wheels

For those who saw my other thread on DA9000 compatibility, I have pretty much got it working 100%. I don't think that the 39/11 will ever work due to the change in height of the Q ring as it rotates - it catches and tries to change up/scrapes along. No biggy, just a bit annoying sometimes. I added 1.5mm of spacers to the drive side and that has helped loads in terms of chain line and not catching the front derailleur. First proper ride on the finished bike tomorrow - come on the sun![/b]

Mike,

Not heard of a spirit level for the seat, aren't you afraid you'll fall off onto the top tube!

A bit O\T, but what's the new DA9000 like, got my eye on it, did you need to change your rear freewheel? Also, where did you get it from?

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 362, 363, 364 ... 430, 431, 432  Next
Page 363 of 432

Jump to: