Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
10% Turnouts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BikeRide

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazzer wrote:
I voted

I couldn't have held my head up high if this.........

was in charge of the Humberside Police.

I think he's had enough sponging off the taxpayer for one lifetime.

Isn't he 70+. Don't they retire the Police at 55? or 60?
irondog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BikeRide wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
I voted

I couldn't have held my head up high if this.........

was in charge of the Humberside Police.

I think he's had enough sponging off the taxpayer for one lifetime.

Isn't he 70+. Don't they retire the Police at 55? or 60?

Oh, the gravy train does not have a retirement date!
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete the Triathlete? wrote:
I was never asked if I wanted a police commissioner in the first place so why should I then vote for another level of bureaucracy and more wasted public money

Perhaps you should pay attention to party manifestos in future then ?

Or ask your staff to keep you up to date as *shock* your personal approval isn't needed for changes to be made in the UK Wink

newMan : I don't know why you think you can address me like that! Don't ever reply directly to any of my posts again please.
tri_longer

Location: Bobbing along on the bottom of the beautiful briney

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I have never voted in 22 years of being eligible, generally I was indifferent as day to day I doubt the majority of us will not likely notice any difference at all.

I believe policing should be left to the police not politicians.
Pete the Triathlete?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
I was never asked if I wanted a police commissioner in the first place so why should I then vote for another level of bureaucracy and more wasted public money

Perhaps you should pay attention to party manifestos in future then ?

Or ask your staff to keep you up to date as *shock* your personal approval isn't needed for changes to be made in the UK Wink

I will just have to sack those lazy 'staff' for not telling me sooner!!!!!!!! Thanks for the heads up. Wink
Also a lot of rubbish goes into manifestos that never sees the light of day so hardly the most reliable method for voting.
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tri_longer wrote:

So presumably you would be happy to have your life run by anyone else who is unelected, and unanswerable to the electorate then ? Rolling Eyes

newMan : I don't know why you think you can address me like that! Don't ever reply directly to any of my posts again please.
tri_longer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
tri_longer wrote:

So presumably you would be happy to have your life run by anyone else who is unelected, and unanswerable to the electorate then ? Rolling Eyes

Well they have been managing ok up to now and they are still answerable to the government, what I meant was that they should left to carry on, we do not need to add an additional level of bureaucracy who will apply their own political agenda to how the police are run.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BikeRide wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
I'm not surprised. I received no information on any candidate and have had to prioritise other things. My mp isn't even doing her job ffs and I'm busy trying to get a resolution to that

Thought MP for Woburn was Mark Lancaster.

You talk'in about that woman on Celebrity Jungle Juice?

No, the fop is MK North - he was my old MP and a complete waste of rations he is too....

Yep, she is apparently in the jungle

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk
www.naturalrunningform.wordpress.com
Running analysis and feedback

Raising money for Help For Heroes.......standby for another world record attempt coming soon...
Owd Bill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright for you lot! 'My' polling station was in a draughty Portakabin. 'the housing' are refurbing the community centre. By 'Direct Works' so it's taking 10 weeks!

Had to visit next town's Cottage Hospital another empty polling station was in the local sports pavilion next door. Parking for dozens. And nobody came!
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tri_longer wrote:
Well they have been managing ok up to now and they are still answerable to the government

Some would say that things are not alright and you seem to be happy to have the police run by government I.e. a central political body, yet the next thing you object to is;

tri_longer wrote:
who will apply their own political agenda to how the police are run.

You cannot have it both ways Smile

The public generally don't like low level crime but the police are 'happy' to ignore it - in future, the elected officials will tell the police what the priorities are and then let the police decide how best to do it. That's not unreasonable is it ?

tri_longer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I hate forums sometimes as it's not always easy to articulate a coherent point without it reading like war and peace.

And the last thing that I want to do as a newcomer is get into arguments about politics or religion, i know what I mean and I see what you are saying I'll leave it at that.

Besides I might end up as the next markier otherwise..........sorry markie Smile
ed_m

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tri_longer wrote:
This is why I hate forums sometimes as it's not always easy to articulate a coherent point without it reading like war and peace.

And the last thing that I want to do as a newcomer is get into arguments about politics or religion, i know what I mean and I see what you are saying I'll leave it at that.

Besides I might end up as the next markier otherwise..........sorry markie Smile

to be fair its quite hard not to get into an argument with graham.
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed_m wrote:
tri_longer wrote:

to be fair its quite hard not to get into an argument with graham.

Take that back - I know where you live Smile Wink

Whisk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
I was never asked if I wanted a police commissioner in the first place so why should I then vote for another level of bureaucracy and more wasted public money. If there had been a 'none of the above' or 'no commissioner' option then turnout would probably have been higher and the public purse would be a few 100k richer!!!!

I didn't even receive a polling card! Complete clusterfcuk IMO

If you live in London then you wouldn't have done - I think the Met is one of the few forces outside the police commissioner elections. Something to do with Boris's office doing the role, perhaps?
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
tri_longer wrote:

Better someone with a lifetime of direct experience gained at the hard end and not some politican.

Easy route to, in time, make the police a political force. And think of all those wages, would pay for a few more coppers to be on the streets.

The darkness penetrates. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: