Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Swimming gloves, socks?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daz

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Swimming gloves, socks? Reply with quote

Guys,

I went for a dip in my local lido for the first time yesterday and my feet were so cold they were painful. I need to get my claws on something to cover them, any ideas? Where can I get them from?

Also, some gloves might be handy, although I wasn't too bothered with my hands. I presume two swim caps should sort out the pain I was getting on my forehead.
Chris

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your head you could try one of the neoprene hat things, quite common. Not sure about gloves or socks as they will change the way you swim a bit, especially the gloves. Perhaps you'll get used to the cold after a while.

I went swimming off the South Coast in the sea and it was so cold I could not put my head in the water, so I had to get out.
Daz

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll stick two caps on next time. I'm not fussed about gloves but need to consider some kind of sock Crying or Very sad
Kestrel13

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Swim gloves/socks Reply with quote

Darryl, sorry mate but you're just going to have to get used to the cold, it makes sense as you can't wear anything on your hands or feet during a race so its better to training without. Over time you will get used to it. Laughing
Sue

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darryl,
www.220magazine.com ( then "products")are advertising "chillcheater boots" that can be used for swimming but do state, as Kestrel13 says, they can't be used for races!!!!! Sad
Daz

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys I will have a look at those boots.

I've done a couple of cold water races - just would like to make the training sessions a bit more comfortable....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: