Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The irony rolls on...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cobbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Oops well spotted Cobbie.

GrahamO must inspire me!

Still getting over you agreeing with me!

Shocked

I think you talk a lot of sense most of the time Smile

I agreed with GrahamO once I think, that bothered me Wink
Tin Pot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: The irony rolls on... Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
...as 5 white old men complain about the FA being full of white old men..

i suppose Dyke is trying to do something...but like those heads of the armed forces or that lady from social services (I think)..., if you are not strongly engaged in change whilst in appointment perhaps you should have to repay your salary/pension if it then transpires you did fek all about it but moan afterwards...

He's just like so many people - unable to describe the actual problem so describes something else instead that sounds "right".

Is the problem with these people because they are white, old and/or men? No. It's because they have ~#*$ up worldviews.

Can you have the right worldview and be a white old man? Yes.
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobbie wrote:
People resond to incentives and at the moment there is no incentive for those running football to change - note how FIFA is re-trenching itself without really changing ...

I find myself agreeing with both EJC and SS, perhaps my day job as an improvement consultant allows me to see both the hope and fear of change.
What's ultimately required is a burning bridge, change is much easier when there's no choice.

BTW, EJC, I think you took being confused with GrahamO very well - if that had been me I'd have been livid Very Happy

Well, there was a moment or two when the hackles were raised, certainly Smile

I get that there is both hope and fear in change, my point remains that they only call for change after they have cashed in...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: The irony rolls on... Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
...as 5 white old men complain about the FA being full of white old men..

i suppose Dyke is trying to do something...but like those heads of the armed forces or that lady from social services (I think)..., if you are not strongly engaged in change whilst in appointment perhaps you should have to repay your salary/pension if it then transpires you did fek all about it but moan afterwards...

He's just like so many people - unable to describe the actual problem so describes something else instead that sounds "right".

Is the problem with these people because they are white, old and/or men? No. It's because they have ~#*$ up worldviews.

Can you have the right worldview and be a white old man? Yes.

You are beginning to sound like Owd Bill...

Anybody could potentially have a perfect world view (although i am not sure what that may look like)...my point remains that they chose not to spouse this particular view until after they had cashed in....

Cobbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Cobbie wrote:
People resond to incentives and at the moment there is no incentive for those running football to change - note how FIFA is re-trenching itself without really changing ...

I find myself agreeing with both EJC and SS, perhaps my day job as an improvement consultant allows me to see both the hope and fear of change.
What's ultimately required is a burning bridge, change is much easier when there's no choice.

BTW, EJC, I think you took being confused with GrahamO very well - if that had been me I'd have been livid Very Happy

I get that there is both hope and fear in change, my point remains that they only call for change after they have cashed in...

More likely if they get caught with fingers in the till! Shocked
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobbie wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Cobbie wrote:

More likely if they get caught with fingers in the till! Shocked

absolutely...it's much the same thing really...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: