Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
New to Olympic distance triathlon training
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adamfrommk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
Interesting to see initial progress is fast but then begins to slow down, as would be expected. If you're still working together, why does the swim graph stop in April 2015 and the running one start only in 2016? Have you switched focus now you're swimming faster? [/list]

Ahhh Ian was only a 'swimmer' before 2015... then decided to try triathlon Smile

(He is down to sub 6 now)

Yeah almost all improvement graphs I have follow a similar curve...

[/img]
Pompey82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I have been looking at some coaching options. How adaptable are the 60 plans and how long is that for? My work schedule is chaotic at best. An example of this is the last couple of months consisting of 4 12hr days 3 off, 4 nights 2 off 2 days, 2 nights 3 off 4 days in a hotel for training, 2 off, then 5 days in a hotel at the other end of the country. Sometimes I find it difficult to fit training in especially swimming as my local pool is closed outside of my day shift hours and there isn't always a pool near the hotels l find myself in. I'm pretty sure a coach would find it a nightmare to plan around my work and family life. I generally make up my own plans and fit in the sessions when I can although I often miss one or two of my planned sessions usually due to having to do something for the wife and running out of time.
iwaters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey82 wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I have been looking at some coaching options. How adaptable are the 60 plans and how long is that for? My work schedule is chaotic at best. An example of this is the last couple of months consisting of 4 12hr days 3 off, 4 nights 2 off 2 days, 2 nights 3 off 4 days in a hotel for training, 2 off, then 5 days in a hotel at the other end of the country. Sometimes I find it difficult to fit training in especially swimming as my local pool is closed outside of my day shift hours and there isn't always a pool near the hotels l find myself in. I'm pretty sure a coach would find it a nightmare to plan around my work and family life. I generally make up my own plans and fit in the sessions when I can although I often miss one or two of my planned sessions usually due to having to do something for the wife and running out of time.

You tell Adam when you can and can't train and he builds a plan around it. You can swap workouts around if you need to. Sometimes I miss a morning swim and can't go latter in the day (pool full of morons) so swap the days around. If you know how many hours you can train hen you can get the sessions on a plan and do them when you can.

The last usually for a couple of months up to 6. My HIM plan was about 5 months, since then I have just been getting them every 2-3 months.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: