Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Time Trials
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sbezza




Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Posts: 455

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
In a similar vein, what % of FTP have people ridden to in a 50TT for success? Got my first standalone 50 this year, that's not part of a tri, and want to get the most out of it.


Sam I used to do around 95%+ of FTP for a 50, though I did train for this and it maybe a bit high for non TT specialists, or those used to that distance.

As for the OP, if the 290W is a proper FTP power, ie the power you can sustain for a 25m TT, then yes you can go sub 60 min with that power, I have done it a fair few times. It will be course dependant of course, but it is possible. A 20 min power test is NOT your FTP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TriSam




Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Posts: 1166
Location: Tunbridge Wells

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbezza wrote:

As for the OP, if the 290W is a proper FTP power, ie the power you can sustain for a 25m TT, then yes you can go sub 60 min with that power, I have done it a fair few times. It will be course dependant of course, but it is possible. A 20 min power test is NOT your FTP.


Cheers Steve, and that's a bit of an understatement Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cat5 in the Hat




Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Posts: 1070
Location: Berks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
sbezza wrote:

As for the OP, if the 290W is a proper FTP power, ie the power you can sustain for a 25m TT, then yes you can go sub 60 min with that power, I have done it a fair few times. It will be course dependant of course, but it is possible. A 20 min power test is NOT your FTP.


Cheers Steve, and that's a bit of an understatement Wink


That's what I was driving at.
The joy of TTing is that there is no need for an FTP test all season Smile
_________________
My Blog!
Twitter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 14651
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat5 in the Hat wrote:
TriSam wrote:
sbezza wrote:

As for the OP, if the 290W is a proper FTP power, ie the power you can sustain for a 25m TT, then yes you can go sub 60 min with that power, I have done it a fair few times. It will be course dependant of course, but it is possible. A 20 min power test is NOT your FTP.


Cheers Steve, and that's a bit of an understatement Wink


That's what I was driving at.
The joy of TTing is that there is no need for an FTP test all season Smile


absolutely...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 4902
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
3cm is one of the CTT regulations. It states:

(d) Machines fitted with triathlon handlebars and derivations thereof which have forearm supports, or Spinacci type handlebars without forearm supports, may be used provided that when the rider adopts a competitive position on these bars:

(i) The wrists are no lower than the elbows.
(ii) The point of the elbow (olecranon) is no more than 3 centimetres in front of the steering axis when measured perpendicular (at right angles) to that axis. This measurement is illustrated by the following diagram:


For God's sake don't show him 'the thread', it'll be the last we ever from him Exclamation Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cat5 in the Hat




Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Posts: 1070
Location: Berks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:


For God's sake don't show him 'the thread', it'll be the last we ever from him Exclamation Wink


It makes TriTalk look like a bunch of non-caring amateurs. Imagine if MarkieR was on the thread Very Happy
_________________
My Blog!
Twitter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 4902
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat5 in the Hat wrote:
FatPom wrote:


For God's sake don't show him 'the thread', it'll be the last we ever from him Exclamation Wink


It makes TriTalk look like a bunch of non-caring amateurs. Imagine if MarkieR was on the thread Very Happy


They'd all be dead by now Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigFoz




Joined: 25 Jun 2004
Posts: 1876
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to run after. Just warm up well, then take your brain out.
_________________
Not so much a six pack as a barrel!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 4902
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigFoz wrote:
You don't have to run after. Just warm up well, then take your brain out.


And don't look down!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.