Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Triathlon X 2017 - Iron Distance (Windermere) - 17/6/17

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr ME

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Triathlon X 2017 - Iron Distance (Windermere) - 17/6/17 Reply with quote

Not really the way Iíd like to have started this thread but here goesÖ
I signed up for this yearís event in February but picking up a stress fracture in May meant that I was never going to be able to finish. I got through the swim and the bike and then enjoyed the rest of the day cheering in the brave souls who completed the whole thing.
Even being part of the event was a great experience and I immediately vowed to return to complete in 2017 and within 6 weeks or so of this yearís event I had signed up for 2017.
However, my best friend has only gone and had the audacity to have his 40th that very same weekend. This means Iím now not going to be able to take part in 2017 which Iím slightly gutted about. Too soon for me to commit to 2018 so Iím looking to withdraw or transfer my place.
There are currently 8 places left for the full X in 2017. Places are currently going for £265. However, if anyone wants to sign up at a reduced cost (or knows anyone else does) perhaps you can get in touch. Iím willing to transfer my spot for £240.
PM me if youíre interested.
Steelman - DNS
Wensleydale - DNS
IM Wales - fingers crossed

Last edited by Mr ME on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Toyota_Crown

Location: Lincoln / Scarborough (Algerino-Land) / Fircombe-on-Sea. sandbagging for daveM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad luck m8. Are you recovered enough to be at Wensleydale yesterday then? (As per your sig!)
87IM+10DIM+D+2Q+2T=123IM
UKIMGrandSlam04-16
Mr ME

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyota_Crown wrote:
bad luck m8. Are you recovered enough to be at Wensleydale yesterday then? (As per your sig!)

Nope! After a fantastic 2015, this year has been truly dismal as reflected in my now updated signature.
Some pretty serious running injuries have meant I've only had about 6 or 7 weeks running all year. Only race I've completed was the Sunderland half marathon in the cold and pouring rain!
Wales is the last chance saloon for 2016, I can always get round the swim and my biking is still pretty good but the run might be something of a walk.
I'm hoping to start my run training this evening with 1 mile penciled into the diary!
Heard you were going to chance your arm at Wensleydale, something of a sprint for you. Gutted I missed out, I've wanted to do that race for a long time. Roll on 2017
Steelman - DNS
Wensleydale - DNS
JonnyM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afternoon Chaps, just thought I would keep this thread alive and see who is out there doing Triathlon X next year?
Chrace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I'm daft enough to be in again. Did the first in 2015, did swim/bike this year on no training, but looking to go for it next year more proper. Training has started...
Mr ME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all
A quick reminder that I still have a place for next years Triathlon X up for grabs. I hear entries close on 31st December and there are currently 14 places remaining.
I can transfer my entry for £240 any time up to the end of Jan after which time I'll be asking for a refund.
If interested, probably best responding on this thread as the PM system doesn't seem to be alerting me to new messages of late.
Steelman - DNS
Wensleydale - DNS
Slow swimmer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you manage to get your entry sold after all the issues you have had in last year.

Come on everybody - get entered into those last few places. This is a brilliant race and nothing not to like about it.

It's tough but not as hard as you may think because any sensible race strategy will reduce your effort throughout compared to flat Ironman. Therefore you can do it at less pain than normal IM if you get pacing right.

Plus there is something about an event like this as everybody looks out for and encourages each other. Great atmosphere between competitors, marshals and supporters.

It's all about getting the black T-shirt !
Chrace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is everyone training as hard as me? As in, not at all yet?

Need to get my focus sorted but keep getting babies, kids and building requirements in my way.

(Just doing some early sandbagging)
Mr ME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final roll of the dice for me on this one.
I still have a place in the 2017 Full X which I am looking to transfer to someone else.
There are currently 3 remaining entries available via the website for £295
If you are thinking about entering you can save yourself some money and have my place for £200
Deadline for transfers is the end of the month so if youíre interested post back on this thread before end of play on Sunday. Posting is preferable to PMíing me as that system doesnít always seem very reliable.
Steelman - DNS
Wensleydale - DNS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: