Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Saddle for TT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Saddle for TT Reply with quote

On my road bikes I have fizik Ariones, which I find comfortable. When I added some clip-on aero bars on I found that sitting like that caused some numbness. I bought a Tritone which has resolved the numbness issue but I find two problems with it. Firstly the front is a little wide for my liking and rubs a little. Secondly, the padding around the ridge of the channel is just not comfortable for prolonged riding.

So any of you who ride an Arione, what saddle do you use for TT position?
stenard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt the same with Tritone when using on a road bike adapted for tri with clip ons. It rubbed and felt wide, so I returned the demo and didnt buy. However its now my saddle on a TT bike. I guess the frame geometry meant it worked a lot better.

With respect to the comfort of the ride, I'd refer back to other threads on tri shorts. I can use mine up to Oly with a basic tri suit, and its not particularly comfortable, but its bearable. I would agree I couldnt spend 2+ hours in the saddle on it however. But with some top spec tri shorts with a quality chamois, I can do a HIM in just the tri shorts and not have any issue.

So in terms of comfort, I would actually say it could be a clothing issue.
kevb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is THE most personal thing in tri, and only trying and testing will tell you. I tried a few before settling in specialized, romin on road bikes and a power pro on my tri bike. They do various widths too.
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For TTs I use an Arione Tri ( not Tritone ) it has a kind of suede strip running up the middle. Not sure if you can still get them? Used for TT and all tris from oly to IM with no issues but it's a very personal thing.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot to be said for learning to sit properly....but am happy with a range of saddles across the different bikes...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been Riding a Cobb (Flow) Max since 2010, I find it very comfortable for the TT bike. But these things are horses for courses.
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
There's a lot to be said for learning to sit properly....but am happy with a range of saddles across the different bikes...

I get that but where the ridges are, if that's the right way to describe them, are just inside of my sit bones and cannot see how comfort could be improved.

My tri shorts are fine and have used them for rides a few hours long on my Arione.

Thanks for the replies I will have a look at the Speciliazed and the Cobb.
Chrace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get on with the Tritone either, an am now on an ISM PL1.1 which seems to work ok. Otherwise my next attempt would have been a Spesh Sitero to have a long saddle to move around on.
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
I didn't get on with the Tritone either, an am now on an ISM PL1.1 which seems to work ok. Otherwise my next attempt would have been a Spesh Sitero to have a long saddle to move around on.

How wide is the front of the ISM PL1.1 compared to the Tritone?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:

I bought a Sitero couple of years back. It's a pretty short saddle, and so are the rails; I couldn't get it forward enough to replicate my position so it went back to the shop. Worth bearing in mind.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:

I bought a Sitero couple of years back. It's a pretty short saddle, and so are the rails; I couldn't get it forward enough to replicate my position so it went back to the shop. Worth bearing in mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: