Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Blaenafon number 34

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoTriBri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Blaenafon number 34 Reply with quote

Back for its 34th year, the oldest continually held triathlon in the UK.

Promising a new run course, with the summit of the Sugarloaf above Abeargavenny being the half way point on the run, 1800 feet of climbing, at least its downhill most of the way back. Its still got the Tumble mountain as the big climb on the bike.

Entries opened this morning and still only 35 for Welsh/English Tri members.

https://www.entrycentral.com/yfenni-blaenafon-triathlon

Y Fenni Tri Club Abergavenny.
SwimsLikeAWalrus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my enter and not do race. Maybe next year! Smile
TSH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Blaenafon number 34 Reply with quote

NoTriBri wrote:
Back for its 34th year, the oldest continually held triathlon in the UK.

Promising a new run course, with the summit of the Sugarloaf above Abeargavenny being the half way point on the run, 1800 feet of climbing, at least its downhill most of the way back. Its still got the Tumble mountain as the big climb on the bike.

Entries opened this morning and still only 35 for Welsh/English Tri members.

https://www.entrycentral.com/yfenni-blaenafon-triathlon

I know Bri - we gotta get behind it and promote it - but it's not BlaenafonTri is it? I miss that old race Sad
NoTriBri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry TSH missed your reply. I miss the 'original' Blaenafon course, raced that 9 times, only 1 DNF (double puncture). This years run course sounds good, but without last years extreme bit.

Now over half full.

'Can you handle it?'

Clashes this year with LLanelli Tri, my favourite place to race, of those I can still get round.

blindcider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just entered. Sounds a beast
NoTriBri

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A partly domesticated beast now unfortunately Wink

You'll enjoy it.

NoTriBri

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get on Blind Cider? It was a cracking day, yes I caught the sun & now look like a beetroot. I was on the Mount/dismount line shouting at all & sundry.

Had the lot in transition. 1 guy wanted to rack his bike just as he was supposed to be starting the swim. Several people trying to ride their bikes through transition. Had 1 rider return to the mount line, sent back by a marshal a mile up the road, no helmet. I'd missed it & the transition marshals had missed it. Whoops.

Great race, great competitors, great club to work with, Y Fenni Tri (I'm not a member). Number 35 next year.

Great to see our Spike still performing at the sharp end, still in the top 10 & Best real old man in the race.

And of course even better to have a catch up although brief with La Marquise. Wonderful that they make the long trip from home to see us in sunny South Wales. Hope to see you guys in the Autumn if that race works out.

blindcider

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoTriBri wrote:
How did you get on Blind Cider? It was a cracking day, yes I caught the sun & now look like a beetroot. I was on the Mount/dismount line shouting at all & sundry.

Had the lot in transition. 1 guy wanted to rack his bike just as he was supposed to be starting the swim. Several people trying to ride their bikes through transition. Had 1 rider return to the mount line, sent back by a marshal a mile up the road, no helmet. I'd missed it & the transition marshals had missed it. Whoops.

Great race, great competitors, great club to work with, Y Fenni Tri (I'm not a member). Number 35 next year.

Great to see our Spike still performing at the sharp end, still in the top 10 & Best real old man in the race.

And of course even better to have a catch up although brief with La Marquise. Wonderful that they make the long trip from home to see us in sunny South Wales. Hope to see you guys in the Autumn if that race works out.

Sadly I didn't make it. My Achilles tendon has been giving me hell and I couldn't quite shake it in time for me to risk the mountain run with a 24 hr race coming up in July. Will keep an eye out for next time though.
NoTriBri

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Blind Cider, good luck with the big event, hope its all sorted by then. 35th anniversary race next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: