Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Nutrition/Fluid Advice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TransitionTed wrote:
Mind you, I did an 8k mountain race yesterday, and the amount of gels and fluid people were carrying was ridiculous. You'd lose more time trying to get the damn wrappers out of the elastic tags than you'd gain from energy intake

If there wasn't a rule stipulation saying you must carry and it wasn't 8 k of near vertical climb and no refreshments at the end....why would anyone carry anything?

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
TransitionTed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
TransitionTed wrote:
Mind you, I did an 8k mountain race yesterday, and the amount of gels and fluid people were carrying was ridiculous. You'd lose more time trying to get the damn wrappers out of the elastic tags than you'd gain from energy intake

If there wasn't a rule stipulation saying you must carry and it wasn't 8 k of near vertical climb and no refreshments at the end....why would anyone carry anything?

No idea, I do the Excalibur marathon which includes much of this route, and I don't carry as much as some were yesterday. Madness

In fact, at one point before the start, I thought I'd made a dreadful mistake and it was 80k not 8....
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TransitionTed wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
TransitionTed wrote:

No idea, I do the Excalibur marathon which includes much of this route, and I don't carry as much as some were yesterday. Madness

In fact, at one point before the start, I thought I'd made a dreadful mistake and it was 80k not 8....

the local ladies running group won't go anywhere without bottles in hand...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: