Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Sunnies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TransitionTed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigger wrote:
TransitionTed wrote:
I still want a pair of these, even if, in my heart I know they'll be shyte
https://www.mantel.com/uk/recon-jet?spec%5B%5D=245&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&gclid=CO-68tCX79ECFUu-7QodOl4DJg

Out of interest, Sports Pursuit are selling these for 99. I bought a pair before Christmas but sent them back (without evening turning on) as I was concerned about the lack of visibility through the right hand side.

Thanks Tigger, I am a member so I'll see if there still available.
Reduced vision is a small price to pay for looking like an XMan
Roscoemck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New sunnies ordered. Didn't go with either of my original choices, have gone for a pair of Rudy Project Rydon.
TransitionTed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have generally always used Oakley, since 1993! I have used cheaper stuff on occasion, and it worked (still talking 50 quid ish). I currently use some nice Zone3 glasses I got as a prize, with a blue tinted lens for low light, and I really like them. However, the big difference between something like Oakley & sub 50 glasses, is the frames generally much lower quality and flexy, so I find interchangeable lenses to be pretty loose and fall out when you either clean them or stash them in a back pocket.

At the moment, my race glasses are Radar EV with sapphire iridium lenses, and they can be worn in pretty low light as well as sunny conditions. Again, highly recommended.
moonmonkey02

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Gus wrote:
I had a pair of Rudy photochromatics and absolutely hated them. If it did happen to rain (and yes I know I should've taken them off) they actually attract water to their lenses and makes sure it all coalesces into a big glob across your view. It was like cycling with a fish-eye lens.

A few other quibbles as well - the lens seemed slightly distorted which gave me a little eye-ache after a while.

Cost a fortune and won't be buying them again. My 15 pair of 'something cheap' have been a hundred times better.

Sorry to hear that Gus, I only have good things to say about mine (I have the Gynetyk)

I've got these, rudy rydon photochromatic, for about 5 years now and best glasses ever owned.
Great in all conditions including rain.
If I lost them tomorrow I'd go and buy another pair without considering anything else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: