Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Reality Check Global Forecast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tigger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
it was sufficiently proven by Targ and Puthoff

Again, you are using the words "sufficiently" and "proven" in a different way to the dictionary.

These are the same guys that said that Uri Geller had genuine psychic powers! A review of their work said that they were "sloppy and inadequate".

In relation to remote viewing, if you take out the cues that were given to the subjects (that were in the judge's transcript) the results were what you get by chance.

I say again, there is no credible evidence.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigger wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
it was sufficiently proven by Targ and Puthoff

Again, you are using the words "sufficiently" and "proven" in a different way to the dictionary.

These are the same guys that said that Uri Geller had genuine psychic powers! A review of their work said that they were "sloppy and inadequate".

In relation to remote viewing, if you take out the cues that were given to the subjects (that were in the judge's transcript) the results were what you get by chance.

I say again, there is no credible evidence.
i think you are talking about monitored sessions. And I will admit I myself never quite got why they did that in the early days. I myself thought that a little iffy, even though they were supposed to be blind to the target themselves.

Nowadays people just use a series of numbers, no one else in the room. 123456. That's it.

Anyhow Tigger, you disbelieve, I and many others globally will continue doing.

I responded Tigger as you did make a fair sensible point.

-----------------

Added early in the morning so if my spelling is wonky please forgive me...in case someone called me out on this....what I write above is totally accurate. However there is a very practical problem in that a viewer could get information on any part of a target, and it might not be the part of a target that is of interest to the target setter. (You might for example want to know about Transition Teds socks and get information on the colour and shape of his pile of pants that they are stuck in as opposed to the socks themselves) So what some now do, as an addition to the 123456, optionally, if you chose to use it, some "targeting info". This could be something generic like "this target is an event, tell me about the event" to avoid you spending time talking about the fields, scenery, people, etc, and to help you focus on the actual event itself. That's the rationally, and I understand it. However to me this has two issues:-

1. You could potentially get useful clues from such targeting, so while it may save time and be more efficient, in terms of objective analysis, I think it weakens the proposition. Though if you were doing it as a job like those military chaps did, (and remember some claim corporate clients today), I can see how operationally it could be efficient.

2. It can be terribly difficult to work through, as you will see from my own linked session above, where the targeting was intentially part and parcel,of the target to help train us. When you are given any sort of clues (in that case it was a weather event, describe the event) your imagination pulls up all sorts of stuff (especially if like me you are widely read and know a bit about weather patterns) and it is really difficult to set that to one side and try to get the real data. There is also the risk that you fully ignore true data thinking it is your imagination.

The way that I personally chose to train through this, and which I will return to in a few months time when I get back into it, is typically to only look at the numbers 123456, and when I can get no further in my session, i.e. Things are drying up, I would then check the targeting as a control to see if my session was on target, and generally it was.

Anyhow hopefully that makes sense in case anyone spots that and tries to ridicule everything because of it. Given how I have got under the skin of some here, just imagine how I irritate some in the viewing community when I:-

A. Encourage the use of maths and professional scepticism.
B. Encourage standing back and being objective (this is one of the things I have been doing for the 18 months since I stopped viewing, chewing it over)
C. In one case I told a project manager (I had a specific project responsibility, not viewing) that I did not want my name associated with the project (for similar reasons an accountant would distance themselves from financial data). I did however fully fulfill my agreed responsibilities. That project manager does not seem happy with me.

My point I am as sceptical in the viewing community as you are with me.

Peace.
Tigger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Anyhow Tigger, you disbelieve

This is another dictionary moment. I neither believe nor disbelieve. I have seen no credible evidence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: