Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
ToS 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGreg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I have a different strategy...

... I lower the power but make sure I smash it out the park Laughing

Makes me feel better but if I was 100% it would probably be similar to you and just in the black.

Still after my tyre change I really don't know where I am power wise, but 185bpm on hammers shows I'm working hard so doing something right.

I am really not looking forward to HHNF

Worked out I did 7 Sufferfests over 6 days

Now I have 7 to do over 3 days!
SGreg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urrrgghhh

HHNF was not in the least bit pretty 95% and still couldn't hit targets!

Sneaky rest day now to squeeze in some swimming then the most psychotic weekend I have ever spent on a trainer, still struggling to understand how I'm going to manage Stage 8!
Buzz_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHNF was a weird experience, I felt fine up to a point, but couldn't generate any power for the surges or sprints. Even the last TT I can usually drag something out but couldn't find the right combination of power and cadence to feel comfortable. So ended with 2x20min at around threshold without any of the really uncomfortable bits thrown in.

Also went swimming this morning in an effort to loosen my back and shoulders. No idea how I will react to the next stage, but if HHNF was anything to go by I am just going to fail to generate the power and it will turn into a series of high cadence spins.

I've kind of ignored the final stage. I'm hoping it's just a long day in the saddle with not too many high intensity efforts.

--
SGreg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried in some way to respond to surges ect, but was always well of any target. I just tried to do something.

Oddly enough My 3min TT I crushed! Was over target power and lasted right till the end where my sprint was over target! No idea where that came from. I had mentally written it off. But just went at it to see how long I lasted!

Considering 5 mins into the second 20 I was completely unable to get near the targets I was a bit astonished!

Like you I am just praying the last stage is just long low effort. looking at it there is nothing much above threshold, but my worry is its about climbing and my low cadence muscles are really shot after a lot of low cadence work early on.

Still I don't care about doing it to the letter just getting through with a decent power graph, I will just do what I am able to get near the targets if that's just 90rpm spinning when its asking for 70 (or 110) then so be it.

If I survive 2hours of sprinting, I'll get through the last one some how Laughing
Buzz_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done and done. Still not sure how I got through stage 8, kept doing deals with myself - just get to the end of Revolver, then just the Revolver bit of RIE, then just the end of RIE. Thankfully the targets for the final Half is Easy were lower and I could just about keep that going.

It Seemed Like Thin Air was just a long time in the saddle. At the end of the tour I was glad of the reduced targets, but as a standalone workout it might be a bit too steady. I've done ISLAGIATT stand alone and it's a good 2 hour workout, have yet to do Thin Air standalone but I can see it would be a good hour. Combined and reduced it is more a steady Base ride, I'd rather work harder for less time.

Still, better do some proper training now..

--
SGreg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly Stage 8 was disappointingly easy for me. I'm not sure why but apart from the fact it was two hours which is always hard on a turbo It didn't struggle too much. If I had a choice of doing stage 8 or stage 7 again I'd chose 8!

Stage 9 on the other hand was utter hell!

Ok the first 1:45-50 was pretty easy, no real problems but that last 40mins had me in the gutter. If it hadn't been the last 40mins of the entire tour I would have quit, I was barely able to keep going, had to dig SO deep.

Feels quite an achievement, even though its just a silly little thing really. It took a lot to get through that. Despite this year looking "easy" It was a lot harder than the previous year I had done!

I also ate a half tub of Cadbury hero's immediately afterwards Laughing

And yeah Need to start thinking about a bit of running, and maybe getting wet too Laughing

Hopefully, once that's all "absorbed" should see a good little kick start!

Can't say I'm looking forward to an FTP test though Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: