Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Bkool, Zwift, TrainerRoad etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jibberjim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
The guy's power trace in 2nd position on that leaderboard is believable though, albeit pretty high. When you look at the person's power analysis for the KOM of that segment, it shows you how easy it is to fake/fix data

I've just ordered the parts to build a fake power meter (Adding a multiplier into the KKR resistence curve to boost the numbers) specifically to cheat the zwift algorithm. Because it doesn't let you have a weight below ~40kg, so my 17.5kg rider was being utterly stuffed.
Whisk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
TriSam wrote:
The guy's power trace in 2nd position on that leaderboard is believable though, albeit pretty high. When you look at the person's power analysis for the KOM of that segment, it shows you how easy it is to fake/fix data

I've just ordered the parts to build a fake power meter (Adding a multiplier into the KKR resistence curve to boost the numbers) specifically to cheat the zwift algorithm. Because it doesn't let you have a weight below ~40kg, so my 17.5kg rider was being utterly stuffed.

That's how the pushy parents who buy their kids PEDs to give them a leg-up start out Wink
jibberjim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
That's how the pushy parents who buy their kids PEDs to give them a leg-up start out Wink

I was wondering how easy it would be to get the local uni interested in some sort of longtitudunal case study of the benefits of a sophisticated doping programme in infant school school sports day, but apparently the university ethics committee aren't up for that...
jibberjim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
TriSam wrote:

Our first ride, it told us we were cheating! but that was a declared weight of 15kg (so minimum that it allows) but a scaled power from the KKR as if she was 75.

She's now been riding around for about 30 minutes... should possibly get her to go to bed, but training's more valuable surely?
jibberjim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sopworth wrote:
I try and do 2 races a week and although i'm improving my power output and strength, I'm going backwards in where I finish - as already mentioned, some of the figures people are using are just crazy. Don't get it myself but each to their own I guess.

Are the races quite different to general riding around then? I've not done it, but I watch Otter, she's generally riding around at 2.5-3w/kg average scaled up to 60kg (she's 17.5kg but Zwift have a 40kg minimum weight so we scale the power from the KKR) and she tends to get the QOM jerseys for the hour she's on, and passes lots of people and doesn't get passed by that many - certainly not seen people with obviously ludicrous watts.

Is it just the races where the cheating happens? Which of course suggests it is actual cheating rather than just oddly calibrated power devices etc. as then you'd get them riding around too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: