Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Hats off to him but totally insane!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Symes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a go at swimming one of the longest rivers in the world, rather like our plucky hero here, I'm in de Nile...

Stronger mind and muscles than joints, what a b@stard
Gus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Gus<---- currently in Beijing working....]

We are pleased to announce that Gus and his team have achieved the FIRST ever verified attempt to run every single mile from Beijing back to Scotland. Running unsupported in a Westerly direction, Gus managed to run a total of 5 miles in the hotel gym over a period of two days achieving 0.001% of the total distance. He wore standard running shorts and top and did not use any mechanical aid. He followed all gym rules and is therefore verified under Hilton Hotels certification. The run was abandoned when the gym closed.

A huge thank you to all my supporters. Another attempt will not be made as I've decided to fly back tomorrow instead.

FFS.

My 15 minutes of fame
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
Gus wrote:
We need people pushing boundaries...
look at what happens when you do.....Shocked

Moving on so as not to derail this thread. Wink

I still think that the four minute mile was the best, prior to it was breached it was considered impossible, then all of a sudden within a year? More people were doing it. The impossible had become quite achievable.

Everest is another example of this. Ok, technology has played its part but even now, it's a commercial bimble for anyone to the summit, but 60+ years ago it was an international expedition to even get to base camp.

Several Sherpas have summited many times, running up and down the mountain like goats.

Simon Magus for me until his untimely death

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
MarkyMark76

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:

We are pleased to announce that Gus and his team have achieved the FIRST ever verified attempt to run every single mile from Beijing back to Scotland. Running unsupported in a Westerly direction, Gus managed to run a total of 5 miles in the hotel gym over a period of two days achieving 0.001% of the total distance. He wore standard running shorts and top and did not use any mechanical aid. He followed all gym rules and is therefore verified under Hilton Hotels certification. The run was abandoned when the gym closed.

A huge thank you to all my supporters. Another attempt will not be made as I've decided to fly back tomorrow instead.

FFS.

I can only assume it's your modesty that has made you leave out the bit about being dead mid attempt?
hammerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkyMark76 wrote:
Gus wrote:

FFS.

I can only assume it's your modesty that has made you leave out the bit about being dead mid attempt?

He actually nearly died writing this piece as well. Fortunately he avoided untimely death a second time but forgot his place in the story and didn't add it. Another attempt to write this story may be made in the future.
Gus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
MarkyMark76 wrote:
Gus wrote:

FFS.

He actually nearly died writing this piece as well. Fortunately he avoided untimely death a second time but forgot his place in the story and didn't add it. Another attempt to write this story may be made in the future.

It was sadly confirmed that after being subject to a vicious attack by several gallons of Tsing Tao I officially died the night after the attempt. As witnessed by my colleague who tried several times to revive me for 'a last one for the road' I was noted to be completely unresponsive and lying in a pool of my own dribble.

However, I'm pleased to say with chemical assistance I rose from the dead the next morning. I am now accepting donations, to be split between my next attempt and some questionable charity.

My 15 minutes of fame
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
hammerer wrote:
MarkyMark76 wrote:
Gus wrote:

FFS.

It was sadly confirmed that after being subject to a vicious attack by several gallons of Tsing Tao I officially died the night after the attempt. As witnessed by my colleague who tried several times to revive me for 'a last one for the road' I was noted to be completely unresponsive and lying in a pool of my own dribble.

However, I'm pleased to say with chemical assistance I rose from the dead the next morning. I am now accepting donations, to be split between my next attempt and some questionable charity.

We are pleased to announce that JC and his team have achieved the FIRST ever verified attempt to do absolutely nothing constructive this afternoon. Using the previously unidentified opportunity to have a lie down, Mrs eJC reported JC as dead to the world for several hours save for the occasional bout of snoring. He wore standard boxer shorts under a standard French counterpane and did not use any mechanical aid until his mobile phone indicated receipt of an SMS. He followed all multiple death syndrome rules and is therefore verified under Guinness World Records.

explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very surprised that he was overlooked for this...
http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170324-7-record-breaking-achievements-from-the-ocean

FoulOleRon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are pleased to announce that Ron and his team have achieved the FIRST ever verified attempt to perform every position of the kama sutra in a oner. He was very enthusiastic about the attempt, and threw himself into training. He wore a standard mankini and a gold earing for the attempt, which was independently verified by Ann Summers. The attempt was abandoned when his arms gave way whilst performing 'The Clock' and he tore his frenulum before knocking himself unconcious on a nearby plant pot.

He would like to attempt another attempt in the autumn, but MrsFoul sadly cannot be tempted.

He is now looking for volunteers (please IM if you are interested).
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoulOleRon wrote:
W The attempt was abandoned when his arms gave way whilst performing 'The Clock' and he tore his frenulum before knocking himself unconcious on a nearby plant pot.

).

i don't think it counts if you didn't die in the attempt...

FoulOleRon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
FoulOleRon wrote:
W The attempt was abandoned when his arms gave way whilst performing 'The Clock' and he tore his frenulum before knocking himself unconcious on a nearby plant pot.

).

My arms gave way because I died. I assumed that was implied.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoulOleRon wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
FoulOleRon wrote:

).

My arms gave way because I died. I assumed that was implied.

ah...well that's fair enough then...

Gus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to come back from the dead at least twice to qualify in this club.

My 15 minutes of fame
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
I think you need to come back from the dead at least twice to qualify in this club.

Sorry Jesus, Easter is cancelled ... you've been outdone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: