Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Snowman 2017

View previous topic :: View next topic  
straightouttabrompton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Snowman 2017 Reply with quote

Just signed up for the Snowman triathlon for my A race next year. Doing the middle "Legend" distance.

Anyone done it before? Got any tips?

I've watched a few of the channel 4 programmes which cover it and it looks spectacular. Going to have to work on my hill climbing though
steveymac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great setting, scenery, professional and friendly events put on by the Always Aim High guys.

I've not done the "Legend" but a mate did it last year and gave it a good review, think he came 3rd. Last year was the first one at middle distance and the course has been changed for next year. Moel Siabod has been brought back for the full distance and the middle run goes up and down it at the end.

The run is a steady gradual climb on decent hardpacked grassy/stony trails for 6km, nothing too steep but still all uphill then 6km back down before basically going straight up through the forest from the centre, rocky trail ascent then into what i'd describe as a 'proper fell run' for 3-4km, back down then the last few km descends on forest/fireroad back down through the forest.

That after a bike with a fair bit of climbing is going to make a cheeky mornings graft for sure Wink

I'll be there but doing the "savage" which is the sprint on the Saturday then full on the Sunday.

If the weathers kind , there's not much better scenery to race a tri in in the UK. Smile
crumpy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not able to do Slateman anymore. Easy choice to transfer to considering scenery and tough course.

Can't wait. Looks beautiful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: