Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Sub 11 Ironman Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PCP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
1hr threshold session on the turbo this morning followed by a 2 mile run after. First brick session in years and was ok. Will hopefully get out for a longer run tomorrow then a long ride Early Saturday. Will have an ftp test on the turbo next week before starting the TrainerRoad low volume build plan.

What is your target race?

Only 13 weeks till IMUK Shocked
Horwich tri - 2:11:12 (57/393)
Monster Mojo Middle - 4:44:50 (29th)
50TT
UK Ultimate 1/2
100TT
IMUK
SGreg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the same, I'm about to start the build plan ready for Wales!

Glad your first brick went well, My first was god damn awful! Laughing
JeffB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
JeffB wrote:

I'd largely agree with that, descending is generally a confidence thing, long straight drags where I can see the corners etc. or if I know the road aren't as bad but on twisty or rough surfaces I definitely back off quite a bit.

But you can mitigate for that. Time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted.

It's my first race of the season on 23rd, and whilst it will be my 4th outing there, I always drive the fast technical descent before I go and register.

Yes, I've ridden the route of Bolton a couple of times and the race itself but will probably try and get over for another recce before July.

What race are you doing on the 23rd? Is it a tri?

Jeff
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:

What race are you doing on the 23rd? Is it a tri?
Jeff

Yes, First Tri in Lydney.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCP wrote:
Wheezy wrote:
1hr threshold session on the turbo this morning followed by a 2 mile run after. First brick session in years and was ok. Will hopefully get out for a longer run tomorrow then a long ride Early Saturday. Will have an ftp test on the turbo next week before starting the TrainerRoad low volume build plan.

What is your target race?

Only 13 weeks till IMUK Shocked

Outlaw for me so 14 weeks away. Pretty happy with where my cycling is at and confident my running will get into good shape as long as I remain injury free. My issue at the moment is swimming and the lack thereof. Did a steady 8km run this morning. Not planning on doing any speedwork, just going to keep all my running a steady pace which hopefully will help me avoid injuries.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

14 weeks doesn't sound much, but it's actually ages yet, lots of time to build endurance....and lose the final kilos Laughing
Wheezy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
14 weeks doesn't sound much, but it's actually ages yet, lots of time to build endurance....and lose the final kilos Laughing

My weight's staying stubbornly static but hopefully with an increase in running miles and longer weekend rides I am hopeful that I will drop 2-3kgs. Had a pretty useful bank holiday weekend with a long bike on Saturday and a long run on Sunday. FTP test last night that saw a pleasing increase so currently all going in the right direction.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Easter school holidays have meant no long training for me....as expected. Just squeezing in workouts where I can. Managed a couple of runs when we were in Devon for the long weekend, and a few turbo sessions in the garage at home, plus some short Bricks off those.

Longest ride so far was Sunday before last (the hot one), 130km @ 33.5kph, followed by a 4km Brick av 4:20/km pace.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
The Easter school holidays have meant no long training for me....as expected. Just squeezing in workouts where I can. Managed a couple of runs when we were in Devon for the long weekend, and a few turbo sessions in the garage at home, plus some short Bricks off those.

Longest ride so far was Sunday before last (the hot one), 130km @ 33.5kph, followed by a 4km Brick av 4:20/km pace.

What sessions are you doing on the turbo at the moment Jorgan?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

What sessions are you doing on the turbo at the moment Jorgan?

Depends how fresh I feel. Normally 5x5' or 6x4' VO2 power, last week I did a 10x3' @FTP and ran a hilly 4k off that (4:36 pace). But often my legs are tired, so do longer blocks at 85% FTP. At the moment I'm only riding 3 times a week; 2 turbo and a long ride outside. Plus 3 swims & 4 runs. Next month one of the swims will be OW.
SGreg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
At the moment I'm only riding 3 times a week; 2 turbo and a long ride outside. Plus 3 swims & 4 runs. Next month one of the swims will be OW.

Only ?

I'm doing the same bike, but 2xruns and only 1 swim (but I'm only trying to maintain swim pace ATM)

While I may add in a brick (probably every other week) and definitely an open water session that will probably my max.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
At the moment I'm only riding 3 times a week; 2 turbo and a long ride outside. Plus 3 swims & 4 runs. Next month one of the swims will be OW.

Only ?

I'm doing the same bike, but 2xruns and only 1 swim (but I'm only trying to maintain swim pace ATM)

While I may add in a brick (probably every other week) and definitely an open water session that will probably my max.

I say only, because I did commute by bike for a few years.

When considering my volume/intensity, you have to remember my times have generally been just over the 10h, rather than aiming for sub 11. An hour is lot when you're talking about anything sub 12.
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:

Hoping there's the difference between just over 10 and just under 11! Good race today Jorgan?

Good few weeks of progress for me I think, starting to ramp up the distances. Longest ever rides and runs this week - Friday 137km @ 28.8, and 25km this morning @ 5:05. Both felt steady and Z2 HR but weak legs towards the end especially today.
PCP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

80 miles with 6000ft on the TT bike & 3 mile brick. Sore calf after 2 miles of the run but felt pretty strong even at the end of the bike and the run (apart from calf!)

Happy with that, just need to pick up the bike pace.
Horwich tri - 2:11:12 (57/393)
Monster Mojo Middle - 4:44:50 (29th)
50TT
UK Ultimate 1/2
100TT
IMUK
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opened my account with a V40 win and 6th O/A. Phew, I haven't gotten any slower Smile Just trying to defy the ageing process these days. Finished nicely with a 5.4km run av 3:55/km.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 20 of 27

Jump to: