Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Bike Transport
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stenard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy916 wrote:
Tin Pot wrote:
I'm driving to Pays D'Aix, but haven't decided whether to dissemble the bike into the car or buy an external bike mount.

In the car, always, for me. External rack gets in the way, the bike gets covered in crap, is vulnerable to theft - a multiple PITA. I've considered a rack for 2-seater sportscars, but in the end used the hatchback instead.

I'm now doing a campervan project, which will also have the bike(s) inside.
For a single bike, I'd generally agree. For more than 1, and rack is easier and with the implication there are two people travelling, the theft bit is less of a concern.

I have a seasucker (mini-bomber) mount. Advantage of that is it works on any and all cars. And is super easy to install. I can have the rack on the car, and 2 bikes on the rack, in 5 mins. As I don't own a car, and hire when needed, versatility is the important factor for me.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're triathletes ffs, you should be arriving at events in your RS6 or F Pace SVR....bikes in the boot.
fat buddha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
You're triathletes ffs, you should be arriving at events in your RS6 or F Pace SVR....bikes in the boot.

no - this is what you want - http://www.triathlete.com/2017/01/gear-tech/kias-niro-triathlon-concept-car-future-training-partner_297338
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

no - this is what you want - http://www.triathlete.com/2017/01/gear-tech/kias-niro-triathlon-concept-car-future-training-partner_297338

Ugh, not that POS again!
Carlito

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Carlito wrote:
Aldo wrote:
Out of interest why are you looking for options other than Nirvana? Have you had a bad experience with them or just looking for better value? Weve always taken bikes with us in boke boxes but this year Im considering using ship my bike with Nirvana for the first time. Would be interested to know if anyone has had bad experiences with them

There is a company called raceforce who also do a similar service but not to every race

Just looking for potential better value. Nirvana/SMTB and Raceforce are the two I have come across to date but I haven't used any yet as not traveled to a race in years, well not one that involves a bike. I am actually only travelling as a coach to this one too (Euros Kitzbuehel), but we are looking at options on how to ship my fiance's bike and the bike(s) of some of my athletes.

see you out there...

yep - and me and Mrs FB. she's racing, I'm hoping to be on the TO team..

we're actually driving out in the motorhome so no need to worry about bike transport. in reality, we've always done this for Euro races (bar IM Nice as the city is crap for motorhomes) - good way to combine an event with a post race holiday

We are combining it with a bit of holiday too hence why having the bike with the transport company instead of with us when we dash off to a mountain hut in the Alps post race.
Tin Pot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
Andy916 wrote:
Tin Pot wrote:
I'm driving to Pays D'Aix, but haven't decided whether to dissemble the bike into the car or buy an external bike mount.

In the car, always, for me. External rack gets in the way, the bike gets covered in crap, is vulnerable to theft - a multiple PITA. I've considered a rack for 2-seater sportscars, but in the end used the hatchback instead.

I'm now doing a campervan project, which will also have the bike(s) inside.
For a single bike, I'd generally agree. For more than 1, and rack is easier and with the implication there are two people travelling, the theft bit is less of a concern.

I have a seasucker (mini-bomber) mount. Advantage of that is it works on any and all cars. And is super easy to install. I can have the rack on the car, and 2 bikes on the rack, in 5 mins. As I don't own a car, and hire when needed, versatility is the important factor for me.

Yeah I'm partly thinking rack so I can use it with the kids bikes on the other car as well at some point.

Don't think I can get the MPV for the weekend though.
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
fat buddha wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

Ugh, not that POS again!

does it come with optional trufflon box???

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: