Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
On no Sloggers is off again!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Stark wrote:
rather than just being a random fruit-cake.
seriously Tony as we really reduced to insults? Really?

I do have a couple of degrees as well as professional qualifications and have been publishing my research since I started three years or so ago btw.

Fruit thief, peace man.

And this is precisely why I am done here on this.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Stark wrote:

Catching someone who has committed a crime is one thing. Not sure that identifying someone who is 'going to commit a crime' is likely to end well.

setting a trap usually involves making something more readily available which may be considered enticement...ethically messy

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Tony Stark

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fruit thief wrote:

2. HSBC, £127 billion, lends people money, takes deposits and and invests in stuff. Avaricious but normal.

You missed off:
Launders money for cartels.
Provides banking services for illegal organisations.
Manipulates interest and exchange rates.
Finances unethical investment and development projects.
Mis-sells products.
More items still sub-judice
Avaricious but normal for most banks, it would appear.

Re the colonial mess staff, we had a boot-boy who in a matter of minutes and always with a smile could transform the boots we had just worn for 3 weeks of tooling around in the jungle into a gleaming pair of parade standard boots.
Tony Stark

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Tony Stark wrote:
rather than just being a random fruit-cake.
seriously Tony as we really reduced to insults? Really?

I do have a couple of degrees as well as professional qualifications and have been publishing my research since I started three years or so ago btw.

Fruit thief, peace man.

And this is precisely why I am done here on this.

I didn't directly call you anything, you just inferred it. Apologies if you feel that way, although your opening gambit does invite us to
Quote:
Take the proverbial if you want

What I am saying is that anyone approaching an organisation with a theory in the hope of reward in the form of assistance, cooperation, time, financial restitution etc. is likely to be considered someone unconventional unless they have some formal credibility directly relating to what they are proposing. An individual approach by someone with couple of random degrees and a charter in accountancy for example may not have the same appearance of serious weight in the business of IT security and penetration testing as the following:

Dear Sir/Madam, I am a PhD student at the University of OxCamshire who has carried out extensive research into advanced methods of identifying..... During the course of my research I have identified.... I would like to meet with you to discuss how application of this research could help you to.... My University department is able to offer full confidentiality and support etc. etc.

As someone who spends lots of time in collaboration with my colleagues perusing CVs to identify suitably qualified candidates for technical roles, let me paraphrase OW:
Quote:
‘To have one degree, Mr SScotsman, may be regarded as a misfortune; to have both looks like carelessness.’

You need to highlight the qualifications that are relevant to why you can do the job, and put the rest in the small print.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony

Fair enough, please accept my apologies. Too much crap from so many over the past year I guess.

I have asked Jorgan to,lock this thread.
fruit thief

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SS - peace indeed. I do wish you pleasure and fulfilment in your enthusiasms, depsite them sounding really odd to me. Hope you do not mind being told they sound odd. That's no biggy - I guess people will always take interest and pleasure in things that others find odd. Like Ironman, for example.

That question about the Fortean Times forum was intended to be constructive (although I posted something I found funny, sorry if that seemed like a dig, that was not the point). That seems to be a forum where people talk about the sort of stuff you refer to - I think??
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fruit thief

I will sneak this one in before Jorgan locks.

What I do is firmly based on a decades worth of PhD research that was declassified. I have simply taken my wide education and life experiences to take that couple of decade old PhD published work and make it more useful to present day situations.

Anyhow enough.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Sloggers is happy for me to go 'Sloman' on this thread, for reasons you'll appreciate. It will disappear in 'minutes ten'. You have that time to fill your boots.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Okay, Sloggers is happy for me to go 'Sloman' on this thread, for reasons you'll appreciate. It will disappear in 'minutes ten'. You have that time to fill your boots.

tread carefully...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

tread carefully...

Indeed. I have no desire to censor anyone, and what Sloggers writes is not especially controversial or offensive, but he has asked me to remove it, as he's aware that these altercations add nothing to the forum (and says he will not create new threads on the same topic) as it usually ends him being derided or insulted. There are plenty of existing threads on the subject.

I've only locked it, so it can be revived at any time. Others may disagree with me, and they are perfectly free to express this elsewhere on the Forum; but I think this RV topic needs to be kept on a single thread, rather than a continued series of skirmishes springing-up in new locations.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: