Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
One for Fat Buddha - logos on Tri suit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SidSnot

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: One for Fat Buddha - logos on Tri suit Reply with quote

Are there any BTF rules regarding the size of logos on Tri kit at BTF sanctioned events?
ITU are quite strict, understandably http://www.triathlon.org/uploads/docs/itusport_competition-rules_2017.pdf
But couldn't find anything in the BTF rules
https://www.britishtriathlon.org/britain/documents/events/competition-rules/british-triathlon-competition-rules-2017.pdf

Thanks
fat buddha

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

logo size only applies to kit worn at ITU/ETU events - and not to UK events run under BTF rules.

however, Rule 2.1.c.xiii - Avoid displaying any kind of demonstration of political, religious or racial propaganda - needs to be considered as this also covers logos on kit irrespective of the logo size.

you'd also need to look at other country rules if an athlete is planning to wear this kit outside the UK, as they may have different views on this.
SidSnot

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
logo size only applies to kit worn at ITU/ETU events - and not to UK events run under BTF rules.

however, Rule 2.1.c.xiii - Avoid displaying any kind of demonstration of political, religious or racial propaganda - needs to be considered as this also covers logos on kit irrespective of the logo size.

you'd also need to look at other country rules if an athlete is planning to wear this kit outside the UK, as they may have different views on this.

Nice one, thanks Buddha. That's what I thought, but just wanted to double check. Any as you say, the only thing I could see in BTF rules was 2.1.c.xiii. It'll only be a coaching company logo, so nothing controversial
Thanks
Sid
Davem

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends if your coaching company is called "f**k you" training or something of that ilk....

Rolling Eyes
fat buddha

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davem wrote:
depends if your coaching company is called "f**k you" training or something of that ilk....

Rolling Eyes

there's a French transport company called Fercam - that would be a good sponsor logo..... Laughing
SidSnot

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davem wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Its Cockburn Coaching. Thought I'd have it on the front with the zipper dividing the name
Wink
t1mmy

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't really given this much consideration, probably foolish of me!

My tri suit carries the logo of a charity that I'm raising money for. This year I'm entered into the Swashbucker middle distance in a couple of weeks and Ironman Wales.

As it isn't a 'company' logo as such do you think I'll encounter any issues?
SidSnot

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[quote="t1mmy"]I hadn't really given this much consideration, probably foolish of me!

My tri suit carries the logo of a charity that I'm raising money for. This year I'm entered into the Swashbucker middle distance in a couple of weeks and Ironman Wales.

I don't think so as long as the charity isn't a controversial one that violates Rule 2.1.c.xiii - "Avoid displaying any kind of demonstration of political, religious or racial propaganda"
I couldn't find anything in the Ironman rules either http://cms.ironman.com/sitecore/shell/Controls/Rich%20Text%20Editor/~/media/BE213FC6232149E4BAE8D97798C106FF.ashx
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t1mmy wrote:

no - you'll be fine. lots of kit have charity logos. as SidSnot says, as long as it's not overtly racist, religious or political you're good to go.
NoTriBri

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidSnot wrote:
Davem wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Its Cockburn Coaching. Thought I'd have it on the front with the zipper dividing the name
Wink

But of course you cant race with the zip undone. Very Happy

Y Fenni Tri Club Abergavenny.
t1mmy

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Sid and Buddha
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t1mmy wrote:

Hey Timmy, I thought about the Swashbuckler but the whole 'rego on Saturday only' thing and reports of a very very cold swim last year didn't appeal.

I'm doing IM Wales also (allegedly Wink )
t1mmy

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey FatPom,

I'm really looking forward to the Swashbuckler, not so much the swim though. I did a practice open water swim last week and it was 12 degrees, it wasn't massively fun.

I've heard so many good things about Ironman Wales so I can't wait for it. Plenty of training still to do before I'll be ready!
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoTriBri wrote:
SidSnot wrote:
Davem wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Wink

you can if it's long distance...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
fat buddha

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
NoTriBri wrote:
SidSnot wrote:
Davem wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Wink

you can if it's long distance...

factually - rule 2.8.c.vi

Where the suit has a front zipper, the following apply:
- for middle and long distance events: the zipper (which must be no longer than 40cm) may be undone no lower than the breastbone, however it must be completely fastened during the final 200m along the finishing
straight.
- for sprint and standard distance events: the zipper must be completely fastened at all times unless there is underneath a top covering up to the neck; in any case the suit must be completely fastened during the
final 200m along the finishing straight.

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: