Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Monster Mojo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PCP

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just arrived home in Manchester.

4:44 for 28th.
Swim was a bit slow but everyone was 2-3 mins down, someone knocked my bike over in T1 and back brake was rubbing. Had to stop a couple of times but couldn't fix it. Shame but held 227w as planned(82/83%). Only biked 16 min Slower than Dave Cullen who came out of water 15th and rode into 3rd (he came 2nd)
Ran 2 laps at 7:35's, suffered like hell on the 3rd then picked it up on the 4th to hold a couple of chasers off.

Rained all morning so a little dicey in places on the bike. Quite windy too, especially on the 3rd lap.

The kid who won swam 26 and ran 1:15 Shocked
Ade

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only just finished washing all crud off the bike. Everyone looked like they'd ridden across fields. Agree with PCP - every lap got windier.

5 hours and 45 seconds (curse those 45 seconds) for 44th - don't know out of how many though. That's about right for me TBH. Usually I'm near last from the swim, and although my 42+ minute swim is clear still rubbish, I arrived to find quite a few Mojo bikes in T1. There were also lots of people, all struggling (as I was) to put on wet cycling jerseys.

I also had the ignominy of spending most of the swim next to a chap who walked most of it. Rolling Eyes I was tempted to point out that he could have just entered a duathlon. Obviously he should be DQ'd, but I'd be surprised if the TO noticed.

Enjoyed the spitfire while I was collecting my bike at the end
Smile
PCP

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ade wrote:
Only just finished washing all crud off the bike. Everyone looked like they'd ridden across fields. Agree with PCP - every lap got windier.

5 hours and 45 seconds (curse those 45 seconds) for 44th - don't know out of how many though. That's about right for me TBH. Usually I'm near last from the swim, and although my 42+ minute swim is clear still rubbish, I arrived to find quite a few Mojo bikes in T1. There were also lots of people, all struggling (as I was) to put on wet cycling jerseys.

I also had the ignominy of spending most of the swim next to a chap who walked most of it. Rolling Eyes I was tempted to point out that he could have just entered a duathlon. Obviously he should be DQ'd, but I'd be surprised if the TO noticed.

Enjoyed the spitfire while I was collecting my bike at the end
Smile

Well done. It was tough conditions. My bike is still in my car, it's going to have to wait for a clean down till tomorrow, glad I booked the day off - my legs are smashed. It's a beer and pizza kind of evening.
I felt like a swamp monster at times in the swim, getting handfuls of weeds and dropping them on my own head then doing single arm drills while I tried to clear my face with the other hand.

Spitfire was cool.
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done guys. Only my second tri but thought it was a good day out for a small event, well organised and marshalled, bike course just about acceptable even in conditions, and nice to have Olympic distance alongside. Most importantly I enjoyed the challenge.

Swim: 26?
Bike: 31.2kph
Run: 4:07/km including a dive into a portaloo half way.
Think 4:28 for 19th overall, short bike and run though.

Little disappointed with the swim (it's all relative!), but understandable that swim will suffer if bike/run instead. Bike was as good as could have hoped for, faster average than anything ever done in training. Run stunned me - do most my training at 4:45-5 pace so never sure where that comes from.
funkster

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't feeling it leading up to the event.

Spent the day before just down the road the Yaxley Festival looking after a squad of stormtroopers, so was knackered when I kipped in the van on Saturday.

As mentioned the swim was a bit nasty with weeds.
Bit disappointed with my 31:41 given I've been going under 30 in the pool, albeit wearing the Huub kickpants (including a 28:44)

Decided to put on my 3/4 sleeved top for the bike, hence a nice 2:38 T1

Onto the bike and my usual game of moving up the field.
Bit surprised when a guy in a tri suit and just on a road bike went past me after about 15 minutes. Never saw him again.

Wasn't feeling very powerful and this seemed to be reflected in my power stats, so decided to use it as a good focused IM session.
Came in with 255 watts which is 74% of my FTP.
Only later did I realise I had it set to AP instead of NP which I normally use and had 269 watts and 78% which was a little better but still not great

2:17 for that which is not my best work given the other times on the day

Into T2 to be told by two guys that there was only about 4-5 guys ahead, which seemed normal given my past race history and looks right from the results

Onto the run, which I had decided to run at target IM pace, so was aiming for 22:30 for each of the 5km laps.
9:1 run/walk ratio, one quick pee stop, 2 walks through the aid station and came in with 1:30:21.
Was able to plenty in reserve to nudge out a Tri-Anglia guy at the end.

Ended up 12th which given my pre-race apathy, seems only fair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: