Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Training? What training?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davem

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mungo wrote:
Dave m

IM on 2 hours a week...... is that a typo?

Decent time too.

Imagine what you could achieve on 12?

I used to train 18-24 hours a week, peaking at 40-42 hours per week for a 10 week block. (Quin and Deca training does that for you) but thats when I had a job that allowed me to do that.

Had a major mental mojo crisis after the deca as I felt I really had nothing else to prove. Had the next two years off Tri and just ended up eating pizza / drinking beer and generally wallowing around

I now run my own IT consultancy, look after aged parents 7 days a week and really have little time to train. So yes 2-3 hours a week is all I get.

2014/15/16 I did 6 IM's in total all off average of 2-3 hours per week (some weeks zero, some weeks 5)

My PB is 11:00:30 (Barca 2009) My PW is 15:21 (Lanzo 2015 but did break my collarbone on the bike and lost 2 circa 2 hours waiting for a new front wheel and getting stitched up in T2) - my mean average is 12:45ish (excluding the multi day stuff)

I dont set the world alight - but still enjoy lining up and testing myself - which for me is what its all about.
TriSam

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davem wrote:
My PW is 15:21 (Lanzo 2015 but did break my collarbone on the bike and lost 2 circa 2 hours waiting for a new front wheel and getting stitched up in T2) - my mean average is 12:45ish

Being a total hardman, and certified nutcase probably also helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: