Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Half Iron bike power level advice please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
How do others keep their power down on big hills?

by training in the appropriate zone[/quote]

Thanks - sorry that bit of my message should have been a quote.
Need to work on my 'posting skills'
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a Sprint tri yesterday, and tried to ride at my FTP; as it was a flat course I did struggle to do that. I swear it's only in Sprint tris that I can hear myself 'panting' the whole way around Very Happy Av HR was 146, which for me is Z4.

See my other post about PM accuracy. I think my P2M does read a low, but again yesterday a 7w (NP) delta between my devices both recording at 1s. I need to check the Av power number on my Edge, and compare with the 920XT which is the device I always upload (and reads lower). Problem for me is that I always monitor the Edge when I ride, not the watch; but this might have the (desired?) effect of slightly under-cooking my rides. I ran well (sub 20 min) for both Sprints so far.
Andy916

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
70-75% FTP for Ironman. 80-85% FTP for HIM.

Hi Chris and all,

Yesterday I did the Grafman half, the first time I've raced with a powermeter (PT G3 wheel). I'm 60kg with FTP estimated at 202W last year, so I had in mind 161-172W for yesterday. First hour felt good around 170W but by halfway I eased back (am a bit undertrained at the moment) and ended up averaging 155W, with NP 166W. Bike split was 2:50 and run split 1:42, which is about the best I've managed previously at this stage of the season. Perhaps curbing over-exuberance in the first half of the bike would have helped further, what do you think? HR was level through the run but pace dropped by 30s/km in the 2nd half with quads, glutes and finally calves feeling the fatigue.

Good event to open the season with; feeling great today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: