Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Aerobar Options

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Aerobar Options Reply with quote

I've been tweaking my position over the winter and it's definitely better than it was, but have come to the conclusion after playing around a bit this lunchtime that a higher hand position will help as I immediately noticed much less stress on my outer shoulders with the higher hands (have narrowed my elbows quite a bit this year).

I'm looking to see if anyone who's gone with the higher hand approach has any aerobar recommendations for this?

Currently I've got a P2, with a T2 wing and T4+ aerobars, but to achieve the high hands, I've basically had to rotate the aerobars and pads upwards to about a 20-30 degrees off horizontal. Is this a feasible solution? Otherwise what would other options be?

Current position is moving towards something similar to this, but no idea what bars these are:

I'm also looking for some slightly narrower/more adjustable arm pads for the above? Even on the narrowest setting, I've about an inch on the outside before the curve starts, which means I can't brace the elbows against the outside of the pads, so probably could replace everything except the T2 handlebars if needed.
r0bh

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that in that photo Joe is using standard ski bar extensions but put in backwards (short ski bit clamped into the base bar)
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Joe rides in that position anymore; last year he did a lot of experimenting iirc. His bars look fairly 'standard' on his new bike.
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bh wrote:
I suspect that in that photo Joe is using standard ski bar extensions but put in backwards (short ski bit clamped into the base bar)

I had wondered if that's what was going on!
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I don't think Joe rides in that position anymore; last year he did a lot of experimenting iirc. His bars look fairly 'standard' on his new bike.

Yeah, have seen he's not doing the above this season on the new rig.

Similarly I guess I should try this out a bit more first before buying anything, although I'm pretty set that narrower arm pads would help at least.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilleusPhogg wrote:
although I'm pretty set that narrower arm pads would help at least.

Quite possibly; but they definitely take some getting used to, as they can be hard on the upper arms/shoulders.
Chrace

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking Joe's example above, what kind of pads would be required?

I prefer to rest on the softer bits of my lower arm, just letting the elbow joint hang out. Tried sticking my elbows on the pads last night just to see, and found it wouldn't take long before that would hurt like hell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: