Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
War on Terror
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 16329
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have locked all Sloggers' other Terror threads.

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Quote:
from this weeks Economist, lead article on Britain.....

Police in Manchester have concluded that the explosive device he used was the design of a skilled bomb-maker, too valuable to expend on a suicide mission. It had a back-up means of detonation and seems to have been similar in design to those used by two IS-inspired suicide-bombers in Brussels last year.


I am confused, just wondering if anyone can spot and point out what I am missing. On the one hand this bomb was too valuable to be used by a suicide bomber, but is similar to that used by others, due presumably to the back up.

I am having trouble getting my mind around this seeming contradiction.

Can anyone explain it another way?

For transparency, and please without diverting and going down the road viewing always goes on here, but to help you understand why these things matter to me.

In addition to having studied terrorism and counter terrorism on a Georgetown university mooc, I believe that I have preempted a terrorist plot in the past (well two possibly). Clearly I will most likely never know if I did or not, but one did come with timely independent confirming evidence from two other viewers on a different project (one virtually named the precise location while the other was seeing an imminent 911 event which is what I viewed in a lot of detail), one is very well regarded which was enough to get me to speak up in advance (until that point I had assumed that I was just imagining it). Spooks have access to those details on fb and through my email (to US State department).

Clearly (even if with those two events I was simply imagining it all) if I was able to adapt what I have already shown can be done to help with preempting terrorist atrocities, that would be a valuable skill. Hence I could use understanding the above seeming contradiction.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts (on the economist paragraph not on viewing).

_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SloggingScotsman




Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2620

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies again, I should have put the above here, I didn't as it was a separate issue in my own mind, and I just typed as I was thinking about it. Anyhow as Jibberjim has kindly come to my rescue and pointed out the obvious (that I couldn't see!) it is now resolved.

GrahamO was clearly getting excited until Jorgan pipped him at the post. Twisted Evil

Anyhow back to auditing conditional consideration.
_________________
Vote Stewart for Secretary General of the UN Smile
Good Judgement Project Brier Score 0.142 (median 0.367) https://www.gjopen.com/
Read: Our Place in the Twenty First Century
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 4903
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owe SS an apology. A tense lunchtime meeting and a misguided attempt at humour. Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tin Pot




Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 2247
Location: Bromley

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
I owe SS an apology. A tense lunchtime meeting and a misguided attempt at humour. Embarassed


And I owe you a beer for all laughter it caused. Laughing
_________________
Iron '16 14h30
Half Iron '17 7h39!, 6h28 '16 5h53
Olympic '16 3h18 '15 3h33, '13 3h36
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hammerer




Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 16319
Location: Right Next Door To Hell

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloggers if you can remote view a terrorist atrocity can you post it on here so I can avoid the area. much thanks
_________________
Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SloggingScotsman




Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2620

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
Sloggers if you can remote view a terrorist atrocity can you post it on here so I can avoid the area. much thanks
you see Hammerer, it is this sort of sarcasm than stop people doing such things.

While I have no desire to "go there" again, I will quote what I said earlier

Quote:
For transparency, and please without diverting and going down the road viewing always goes on here, but to help you understand why these things matter to me.

In addition to having studied terrorism and counter terrorism on a Georgetown university mooc, I believe that I have preempted a terrorist plot in the past (well two possibly). Clearly I will most likely never know if I did or not, but one did come with timely independent confirming evidence from two other viewers on a different project (one virtually named the precise location while the other was seeing an imminent 911 event which is what I viewed in a lot of detail), one is very well regarded which was enough to get me to speak up in advance (until that point I had assumed that I was just imagining it). Spooks have access to those details on fb and through my email (to US State department).

Clearly (even if with those two events I was simply imagining it all) if I was able to adapt what I have already shown can be done to help with preempting terrorist atrocities, that would be a valuable skill.


Now Hammerer, please give it a break. Think what you like of me, but ripping the piss only stops people with such (generally underdeveloped due to such ridicule) skills using them to your benefit.

I would bet money on me having predicted and forewarned on a major multiple device terrorist attack on a major American city last Labour Day. It has independent supporting 'evidence' (which I do use loosely but it was independent and timely) But the only people who could confirm or deny aren't likely to tell me.

Anyhow Hammerer, can you please just let it be. Should I come up with a conceptual solution that could work in practice (i.e. With intent not by accident) I will publish it. Can we please let harmony prevail here.

FatPom, don't worry about it. But thanks.
_________________
Vote Stewart for Secretary General of the UN Smile
Good Judgement Project Brier Score 0.142 (median 0.367) https://www.gjopen.com/
Read: Our Place in the Twenty First Century


Last edited by SloggingScotsman on Fri May 26, 2017 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 14690
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the question says much about the level of the study...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SloggingScotsman




Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2620

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
I think that the question says much about the level of the study...
quite possibly Ejc.

Equally though I may just have misread it, several times I give you, but I am not perfect.
_________________
Vote Stewart for Secretary General of the UN Smile
Good Judgement Project Brier Score 0.142 (median 0.367) https://www.gjopen.com/
Read: Our Place in the Twenty First Century
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.