Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Blenheim triathlon 2017

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chickenboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Blenheim triathlon 2017 Reply with quote

Anyone else heading up to Blenheim this weekend? It's pretty much a yearly ritual for me now. Will try a road bike instead of my TT or grifter! See if it makes much difference!!
Adcoulter1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get on? For my first tri I was really impressed with the set up of it and of course the location. Water was far too warm for a wetsuit and the odd crosswind on the bike made things interesting but great event overall! I'll inevitably be back next year!
Jgav

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounded like a long old slog from the swim into T1.
chickenboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do enjoy Blenheim! The race went ok. Led the swim out in the first wave and weirdly got tracked by the cameraman in the boat up until the first turn buoy!

Finished in 1:14:20, 4th in 45-49 AG, 28th overall. Slowest bike I've done on that course so I think I'll go back to using the TT bike next time.

Yeah, the water was balmy!!
Adcoulter1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chickenboy that is incredibly impressive! For my first tri I unexpectedly came out of the water within the top 10 of my wave but struggled on the bike (my weakest discipline) and enjoyed the run. Having had food poisoning on Friday followed by spraining my ankle on Saturday during a 'gentle jog', I managed to haul myself around in 1:31:50 - my target for this season at full fitness was to get a sub 1:30 so with London at the end of July would like to think I should get that!
trimart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much was entry for the sprint?
what were bike and run courses like?

thanks in advance - looks stunning location but I fear will be priced out being mass event down south for us poor northern monkeys
Toyota_Crown

Location: Lincoln / Scarborough (Algerino-Land) / Fircombe-on-Sea. sandbagging for daveM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want VFM I recommend the Weekend Warrior option. possibly as much fun as can be had, with a continuous SBR format, on this thrilling bike course, in an amazing setting and loads of atmos. 8 Blenheim sprints completed each time I've done it. Crackin way to start the season, brilliant training weekend if nowt else. Cheap too Shocked
85IM+11DIM+D+2Q+2T=133IM
UKIMGrandSlam04-16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: