Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
So, who will win the race to the bottom...?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: So, who will win the race to the bottom...? Reply with quote

1. the new lady who is not for turning, oh dear...

2. the chap with some rather dubious pals...

3. the chap with some rather dubious convictions...

4. the lady who wants independence but calls you out for...wanting independence...

5. the lady who confuses failure with chauvinism...

6. the chap who you were not allowed to hear...

7. the lady who would depose the queen...

8. the job shares...

9. the loony party that out loonies the raving monster loonies....

10. some hangers on that are even more on the fringe than the above...

that it has come to this... Smile

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if there's anything that could surprise me waking-up tomorrow morning after the last few years.
Tony Stark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could vote for this guy, who is a consistent campaigner with huge support amongst the young (sadly most too young to vote)!

Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I'm wondering if there's anything that could surprise me waking-up tomorrow morning after the last few years.

Having woken up to two "WTF" election results in the last 12 months, I fully expect Jeremy Corbyn to be moving his furniture into 10 Downing Street by the weekend Rolling Eyes
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

Having woken up to two "WTF" election results in the last 12 months, I fully expect Jeremy Corbyn to be moving his furniture into 10 Downing Street by the weekend Rolling Eyes

I just want to know if Hot Chillee have given you a shot in a Maser yet, or if they deliver as much as your average politician.
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Whisk wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

I just want to know if Hot Chillee have given you a shot in a Maser yet, or if they deliver as much as your average politician.

With Hot Chillee you pay them a fortune for them to tell you that you're doing well. With pollies you pay them a fortune for them to tell you they're doing well. Wink
Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Whisk wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

We had a track day with them and they're supplying a lead car for each of the 5 groups for the London to Paris event next month, but I'm still waiting for my sponsored car to turn up Wink
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny I actually liked Cameron when he was elected... it went downhill from there.

Mind you my MP, one of his, agreed with me that one of their welfare changes was putting me in a quite literally impossible situation where I was stuffed whatever decisions I was motivated to make by policy. He thought about it for a good while, looked around my home, and agreed with me on this.

Still in that imposssible situation. Even though they have clear evidence of policy failings. But hey ho I could be homeless within a year. Cheers! (Worst case scenario but perfectly plausible).

I mention this to,illustrate the importance of (1) wisdom and (2) taking account of all aspects of a decision and (3) how ideology can make you 'miss' things.

Anyhow rant over. Re today, I will admit I don't have a sodding clue who is going to win. Common sense would suggest May, but I just don't know.

With Brexit and Trump I instinctively knew months ahead, but re today I just don't know.

Whatever the outcome I just hope we get more wisdom and less politicking.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, my preferred options were:

1. Tory majority so that Brexit could be handled properly (but with the emergence of a strong labour leader so that we had an effective opposition)

2. labour landslide so that i could see out the bulk of my days studying with no fees and no need to contribute to society beyond smiling nicely to everyone

Missed out on both...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: