Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
First Ironman - start of end of holiday?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: hmmm! Reply with quote

I have a 2 week family holiday booked before IM Wales - it was booked before the IM (my first).

I'm hoping to do a week of tapering and then a week of pretty much full relaxation to be fresh for the day. Seems like I'm less stressed about the event than others - or perhaps just naive!
Runtilyoudrop2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
IM Wales is on 10 September, and I am on Holiday from 14 August to 4 September, however, I am going on a camping / beach holiday, for 3 weeks I will be right next to the sea on the Bay of Roses in Spain, so fitting in a 4k sea swim most days shouldn't be an issue, an early morning run before it gets too hot (and before anyone gets up), and since I am going a week earlier than my wife, a couple of 180k rides should be on the cards.

Expect to see you on the podium then😀 At least a really good swim of 28k a week.
Davem

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runtilyoudrop2 wrote:
mattsurf wrote:
IM Wales is on 10 September, and I am on Holiday from 14 August to 4 September, however, I am going on a camping / beach holiday, for 3 weeks I will be right next to the sea on the Bay of Roses in Spain, so fitting in a 4k sea swim most days shouldn't be an issue, an early morning run before it gets too hot (and before anyone gets up), and since I am going a week earlier than my wife, a couple of 180k rides should be on the cards.

Expect to see you on the podium then😀 At least a really good swim of 28k a week.

I didn't even do 28k per month for Deca Iron training... Rolling Eyes
TriSam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:

Seems like a pretty good way to burn yourself out?
mattsurf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
mattsurf wrote:

Seems like a pretty good way to burn yourself out?

Good point, after my recent experience I will be really mindful not to burn myself out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: