Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
TT Bike vs Road Bike
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chickenboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, $h1t
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update on original post.
I carried on recording the results every time I rode that section with the results attached and the TT bike has now been consigned to turbo duties for the winter.
The only ones I excluded were those where they were clearly irrelevant E.g. Slowed down for horses, group rides etc. Everything else is in there regardless of conditions, such as the two low Blade points which were on the same day and had a stiff headwind.
The lines have come a little closer together but the disparity is still pretty clear, accepting the shortcomings of the test previously discussed.
mattsurf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty interesting analysis, and ties up with my gut feel / data on Garmin; I think that I am around 12% faster on my TT bike with Disc wheel, compared with my road bike with decent aero wheels.

Where I am less clear is the benefits of the disc wheel over 88mm wheels, I think that I am faster, but have a limited set of data using the disc
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to start having a play with the virtual elevation stuff in Golden Cheetah to get a bit more scientific about it but struggling to find the perfect half pipe piece of road.

With regard to 88 v disc, if everything I've read is true you're into some pretty marginal gains at that point. Aeroweenie puts it at about 4 seconds over 40km.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: