Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Online Coach Required

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenttri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Online Coach Required Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm looking to sign up with an online tri coach to help give me the extra push and to add some structure to my training.

Does anybody have a coach to recommend.

If makes any difference I'm a 35-39 male age-grouper that normally finishes in the top 20%.

Thanks
J
SidSnot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a chat with Streamline Coaching.... coach@streamlinecoaching.co.uk @coachstreamline
Sid
blindcider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used John Wood at http://tri-coaching.co.uk a couple of years ago for adding some more structure to my plans. He was doing the swim section coaching fairly regularly for 220 as well

I found him very good, although as we are both based in Bristol I had the opportunity to meet up with him every now and again for a face-to-face.

Certainly felt like it was a bespoke plan for my needs rather than a cookie cutter plan as we did change things around a lot as time went on.

Last edited by blindcider on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
iwaters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.greenlightpt.co.uk

Does training plans and on line coaching. I have had massive improvements from them
Buzz_

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a troll?

Firstly, why online? I know there are advantages, such as convenience and time management, but generally face to face is better and a local club might offer the extra push you are looking for at a fraction of the cost.

Second, there are plenty of online coaches on this forum, some of whom aren't normally slow to offer an opinion, so I'm surprised they haven't jumped on this thread. Maybe they have sent you a PM.

"Structure" is fairly easy to get from a book or an online generic plan. Tailoring it to suit you, your time constraints and your real life interruptions is where a coach becomes valuable.

--
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've hit a plateau, maybe consider a coach, if not then improvements can come from application of common sense in the form of training smarter/harder/faster/longer (not all at the same time though!). If you're 'only' top 20% you might find simply training more will help, if you have the time. Or, maybe you need to change the sessions you do, but same total volume. Just simply 'shake things up'.

I have been on a plateau for donkey's years now, not helped by the ageing process and the addition of two little ones; however, I do take pride in trying to defy the ageing process, and keep those vets prizes coming in the smaller races. I do have a lot of experience in triathlon, and I do have a sport science degree, so self-coaching is a bit easier, but I still fish for the odd suggestion from friends who are coaches, because we can all become a bit blinkered. I also look at what faster guys do on Strava, so I know why there are differences in our performances. When I can finish ahead guys who are coached and don't have my personal commitments, I again take some pride in knowing I must be doing something right.

Why don't you post your current results & training, and see what feedback we can provide?
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
Is this a troll?

Firstly, why online? I know there are advantages, such as convenience and time management, but generally face to face is better and a local club might offer the extra push you are looking for at a fraction of the cost.

Second, there are plenty of online coaches on this forum, some of whom aren't normally slow to offer an opinion, so I'm surprised they haven't jumped on this thread. Maybe they have sent you a PM.

"Structure" is fairly easy to get from a book or an online generic plan. Tailoring it to suit you, your time constraints and your real life interruptions is where a coach becomes valuable.

--

I don't see it as a troll at all. Seems like a genuine question to me Confused
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:

I don't see it as a troll at all. Seems like a genuine question to me Confused

Yeah, unlikely to be a troll. A shill would be more plausible when people ask for recommendations of this nature.
Kenttri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links all, I'll definitely take a look.

And no this is not a troll.

Thanks
J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: