Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Straw poll - race shoes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooks T7 - For longer training runs and longer races
Inov8 Road X-Treme 208 - middling training
Inov8 Road X-Lite 155 - Shorter races (10km or less), interval training

For cross country I wear New Balance 110 trail
SGreg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Saucony type a

I use all the time for training and racing. the only time I wear anything elese is early season where I may use Vibrams and any very offroad running where I use saucony peregrines.

Use the same shoes till they fall apart and then replace...although I'm struggling ATM find Type a replacements for a decent price, my current pair are starting to come apart
Padams

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saucony Type A for road racing for me too, up to marathon/IM. SGreg - I bought some for about 45 on Wiggle the other day but looks like they've all gone now. Keep a lookout and they'll reappear on sale somewhere at some point.

For steady training runs I wear heavier shoes - Fastwitch for road running, Nomads for trails and easy running. I try to rotate as others have described, partly as I feel it prevents injury (might not be true but adds a bit of variety anyway). I might put the Type As on once a month for some intervals or similar.

I've also got some Inov8 Xtalons for less muddy XC races, track spikes, XC spikes plus probably lots of other shoes I've forgotten about.

I just like keeping a "fresh" pair or light shoes for racing, partly as they're lighter but also I think putting them on just before a race gets you in "the zone".
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padams wrote:

I've also got some Inov8 Xtalons for less muddy XC races, .

they are an excellent shoe...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Roscoemck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the 2 pairs on the go for outdoor training. Adidas ultra boost and Zoot Solano. I have a pair of NB vazee Rush that will replace the Adidas in the near future.
daetho

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inov8 Roclite 295 - off road
Inov8 Race Ultra 270 - everyday hybrid training
Nike Lunar Tempo 2 - road racing

Thinking about buying a new pair for marathon distances as I didn't feel 100% confident in the LunarTempos at that distance.
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro Peru wrote:
Brooks T7 - For longer training runs and longer races
Inov8 Road X-Treme 208 - middling training
Inov8 Road X-Lite 155 - Shorter races (10km or less), interval training

For cross country I wear New Balance 110 trail

Recently added Adidas Adizero Boston 6 for longer runs.
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooks PureCadence for pretty much 99% of running now (races, track sessions, easy runs), aside from spikes for track races and XC.

Seem to be able to get away with it since the PureCadence don't have a large drop, so going into spikes/racing flats isn't so much of a jump, plus I'm fairly quick, light and don't over-stride Smile

So even for 3000m races on the track, I find the Brooks do a decent job, so have decided for Road races and Tris that there's no point deviating from them really.

Interesting how many people use Adidas Bostons/Adios and similar for longer stuff, I did dabble with Adidas Tempo Boosts this year and have found that they are OK for short quick stuff but found them quite brutal on my legs when I raced a HM in them this year - just seem to feel the road impact much more in them.
Jgav

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:
I use Saucony type a

I use all the time for training and racing. the only time I wear anything elese is early season where I may use Vibrams and any very offroad running where I use saucony peregrines.

Use the same shoes till they fall apart and then replace...although I'm struggling ATM find Type a replacements for a decent price, my current pair are starting to come apart

Wiggle have them at 45
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/saucony-type-a-shoes-aw16/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=5360728905&kpid=5360728905&utm_source=google&utm_term&utm_campaign=UK_PLA_Shoes&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid%7csLDGExFAz_dc%7cpcrid%7c67090787462%7cpkw%7c%7cpmt%7c%7cprd%7c5360728905uk[/u]
twhat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get 50% discount, even on sales, on sweatshop.com through my health insurance. cant help myself sometimes....

2x Adidas energy boost for general plodding/long runs
Mizuno wave sayonara 2 for tempo/ intervals.
Mizuno wave sayonara 4... bought for tempo and intervals but more of an 'easy' shoe tbh. Damn you for changing the design Mizuno.
Mizuno Wave Hitogami.. lighter than the sayonara 2 .. track/tempo/intervals/parkrun
Asics Gel Tarther... my tried and trusted race shoes unfortunately nearing the end of their glorious lives.
Innov8 Roclite for offroad
Asics Piranha.. these shoes are so light (120g) i have only had the courage to wear them once but i did pb Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: