Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
IM Austria

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ks1978

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: IM Austria Reply with quote

Hi there I have decided that I would like to enter Ironman Austria next year (first IM). I am looking for tips and accommodation please? So far I am planning to fly into Slovenia from the UK to then travel on to Klagenfurt. Train/hire car??? Also does anyone have recommendations for accommodation in the area please? Did you transport your bikes over with a Company or take them on the plane? I have had a couple of hotels recommended which I have looked into; I was thinking of arriving on the Thursday and then return on the Tuesday? Its my 40th birthday a few weeks after so what a treat!

Thanks in advance
snowie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a great race/event, book your accomodation early (before you register) as the good places are filled quickly.
i always flew to klag & stayed at the hotel over looking the canel (at the park entrance). sorry forgot its name.

anything that can reduce the stress is worth the extra.
WhittleFit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowie wrote:
its a great race/event, book your accomodation early (before you register) as the good places are filled quickly.
i always flew to klag & stayed at the hotel over looking the canel (at the park entrance). sorry forgot its name.

anything that can reduce the stress is worth the extra.

I think Jorgan has stayed in that hotel, he'll remember the name.

We stayed in the campsite next to the swim start quite a few years ago, VERY convenient!
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the Hotel Seepark (official event hotel). I haven't stayed there, a bit pricey tbh. I have stayed at the Hotel Weidendorf, and second time Pension Wachau. Both walkable on race morning.

First time we lived in Erding, so we drove; second time I flew (solo) with my bike from Stansted and I wanted to keep costs down so stayed in Pension Wachau which is reasonable and very well placed for supermarkets, restaurants and race venue. If you want convenience and all the modcons, then Seepark & Plattenwirt - but book early! Also you will find it hard to escape the race hullabaloo at the bigger hotels by the lake, so depends if you want some quiet time.

Any questions, just keep asking away Smile
leahnp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stayed at the http://www.hotel-rokohof.at located on the canal. much cheaper than the seepark and about a 1km from the start
jay clock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am doing to for a second time on Sunday

Agreed for booking up asap. I am staying this time in Krumpendorf on west end of run route

Great race and only been non wetsuit once in 20 years. Can be hot (over 30) air temperature

I am flying to Ljubliana Thurs to Tuesday with bike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: