Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Garmin Connect Live Track + Fenix 5s - Enough Battery Life?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MitzEclipse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Garmin Connect Live Track + Fenix 5s - Enough Battery Life? Reply with quote

Hi all
I am doing the Jungfrau marathon which will take me 7-8 hours as I'm slow and it's my first time... wondering if I'll have enough battery to use Garmin Live Track on an iPhone 7 connected to a Fenix 5s via Bluetooth?

I'd prefer to have GPS on and not Ultratrac for better quality in the tracking - would be good to get your thoughts...thanks
tommy060289

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Garmin SHOULD be fine with a full charge but the iphone 7 may struggle a little depending on how often it transmits, signal quality etc. Might be worth adding a usb charger pack to keep the iphone topped up!
stenard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, I'd have no concerns on the fenix side.

Phone is another matter, which will quite likely be driven by signal strength. A newish phone would normally be ok for 7-8hrs of transmission if the screen is not being used (given that's the main cause of battery drain in most modern phones), but if there are lots of signal outages, then that can drain the battery much faster.
MitzEclipse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the responses. I'll have wifi and gps turned off on the iphone. don't need the gps for live track as it gets it's gps signal from the watch. anyone else have any other insights into the battery life?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: